Are you a fan of organic skincare or plant-based products? Then you haven’t revisited your old friend witch hazel as toner yet, it might be time to. The witch hazel as facial toner that’s dermatologist-tested a resurgence of popularity in recent years. Also, the last ten years ago, toners were made of ethanol (a type of alcohol) that was very dangerous for the skin, so much so that dermatologists often told us to stay away. But, nowadays people have used witch hazel for centuries to soothe and cleanse the skin. Especially, you can’t deny the popularity of Thayer’s type witch hazel, where haven’t used any alcohol.
So, in this article, our experts described and explain, what it is, how it works, why, and how of incorporating witch hazel into your skin-care routine. And how to use the face witch hazel as a toner.
What does Witch Hazel do to your face?
Table of Contents
- 1 What is witch hazel? And how to use witch hazel toner?
- 1.1 Is toner good for the skin?
- 1.2 Does witch hazel have alcohol?
- 1.3 What is the best witch hazel for the face?
- 1.4 Can witch hazel cause adverse skin reactions?
- 1.5 The benefits of witch hazel for your skin
- 1.6 How to choose the best witch hazel for your skin
- 1.7 1. Thayers Alcohol-Free Unscented Witch Hazel Facial Toner
- 1.8 Most Important Features of Thayers Alcohol-Free Unscented Witch Hazel Facial Toner
- 1.9 2. Obagi Nu-Derm Toner
- 1.10 3. Simple Kind to Skin Facial Toner, Soothing, 6.7 Fl Oz
- 1.11 Most Important Features of Simple Kind to Skin Facial Toner
- 1.12 4. Glo Skin Beauty Renew Serum, 1 Fl Oz
- 1.13 5. Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner, 100% Natural
- 1.14 6. Bioré Witch Hazel Pore clarifying Toner
- 1.15 How to Use
- 1.16 7. Tucks Md Cool Hemorrhoid Pad
- 1.17 8. THAYER’S Lemon Oil Control Blemish Stick
- 1.18 User Guide
- 1.19 9. Acne Free Witch Hazel Mattifying Toner
- 1.20 Most important Features of Acne Free Witch Hazel Mattifying Toner
- 1.21 User Guide
- 1.22 10. Neutrogena Oil- and Alcohol-Free Facial Toner
- 1.23 Why is witch hazel a good toner?
- 1.24 Witch Hazel for Oily Skin
- 1.25 Is witch hazel a good toner for dry skin?
- 1.26 Witch Hazel for Acne and Blemishes
- 1.27 Witch Hazel as a Makeup Remover or Cleanser
- 1.28 Is witch hazel good for wrinkles?
- 1.29 A Soothing Solution for Puffy Eyes
- 1.30 What it’s like to use
- 1.31 How to use it
- 1.32 How to add witch hazel to your skincare routine
- 1.33 Does Witch Hazel Get Rid of Puffy Eyes?
- 1.34 Witch Hazel Home Remedies
- 1.35 Why Witch Hazel is a Problem for Skin
- 1.36 5 Reasons You Should Be Using a Witch Hazel Face, Toner
- 1.37 Witch hazel is a natural astringent
- 1.38 Witch hazel is rich in antioxidants
- 1.39 Witch hazel is an amazing skin-soother
- 1.40 Witch hazel face toner was made for oily skin
- 1.41 Witch hazel can be added to any anti-acne routine
- 1.42 Our Expert Selected 21 Witch Hazel Toner That’s Reviewed in 2020
Witch hazel is a versatile beauty solution derived from the bark and leaves of witch hazel. Its mild astringent properties break down dead skin from the face and oil to cleanse pores. Although, it works as an astringent, causing your tissues to contract to help shrink pores, while also soothing your skin and relieving inflammation. This may prevent acne-causing bacteria from infecting your face and witch hazel as facial toner astringent to help shrink your pores, soothe your skin, and reduce inflammation. The witch hazel is also often used to reduce the itching, redness, pain, bleeding, and swelling associated with hemorrhoids.
What is witch hazel? And how to use witch hazel toner?
Indigenous “Dr. Schlesinger says that witch hazel is a national plant that is found in North America and in various parts of Asia. The witch hazel formulas can be applied to the skin with a cotton pad after cleansing and before serum and moisturizers. However, witch hazel can be dry and it is worrisome, so it is important to be careful. This witch hazel usually made from chemical mixing extracted from bark or leaves. A witch hazel itching can soothe skin and inflammation and soothe minor acne and other skin irritation. Although toner can be used for Skincare and home remedies. They compress proteins in the skin, creating an invisible “film” that can, to a minor degree, temporarily de-grease skin and minimize the look of enlarged pores.
Is toner good for the skin?
Dr. Shamban says that Toner works great for removing makeup, excess oil, sweat, dirt, and some harmful ingredients from the surface of the skin. And one more feature of the toner is alcohol-free. The Toners are mainly based on the type of skin, which is used to remove excess oil from oily skin. This is made especially for those who have oily skin in addition to acne. Or if someone is exposed to regular contamination, it’s even more effective at removing sticky substances in their skin.
Does witch hazel have alcohol?
The witch hazel made of a natural plant that contains 8% to 12% tannin, depending on the part used to make it. Last few years ago, some of the witch hazel was made using a small amount of detached alcohol (ethanol) was used, which contains was 14% to 15% alcohol. But, nowadays, witch hazel extract is a natural toner with anti-irritant properties that helps prevent your skin from getting dry or irritated. That’s why most dermatologists recommend using witch hazel because it is alcohol-free.
What is the best witch hazel for the face?
Witch hazel is especially useful for oily skin. Also Hazel acts as a suppressant to help shrink your pores, soothe your skin and reduce inflammation. Because of this, there is a lot of focus on other ingredients when choosing a witch hazel product for your skin type. The only alternative to acne skin is AHAs or salicylic acid witch hazel toners. If you want a more refined effect from your witch hazel toner, then it’s very important to wear a witch hazel toner mixed with Aloe vera gel.
Can witch hazel cause adverse skin reactions?
Technically speaking, anyone can have a reaction to any material, so it is important to first examine your wrists to make sure you are going. (Better safe than sorry, isn’t it?) That being said, there is virtually no side effect from Dine Hazel, so if you experience any kind of allergic reaction, be sure to contact your doctor, ASAP.
The benefits of witch hazel for your skin
The polyphenols witch hazels can help fight premature aging. Witch hazel has antioxidant effects that help to reduce and prevent UV rays from the sun and radical damage to the skin.
Deborah Longwill a board-certified dermatologist and founder of the Miami Center for Dermatology, said “witch hazel is a rich source of narrow compounds that combine proteins within skin cells” “results? This temporarily makes your pores even smaller.
The natural tannins that witch hazel contains may temporarily soothe the appearance of red, irritated, or stained skin, says Dr. Shinehouse, making it an easy product when cramping your style in breakouts, pork bites, or sunburns.
Sops up oil
Dr. Schlessinger says, A witch hazel is rich in antioxidants, including tannin, which acts as a natural creme on the skin, which Dior Schlesinger says is a popular ingredient in toner and moisturizing products.
In addition to witch hazel oil and a reduction in redness, tannin’s antimicrobial properties can slow down the growth of bacteria in the skin, says Debra Zalimon, an NYC-based board-certified dermatologist who writes skin rules. So it can not only show the acne bacteria in the boss but also reduce the irritation that may start during the breakout.
Soothes puffy eyes
This witch hazel has anti-inflammatory and adjuvant properties, that can helps lower the veins and soothe the eyes, Dr. Longwill says, as well as providing more drastic effects.
Improves skin tone
The various features of witch hazel improve the appearance of pores, reduce inflammation, and make the skin tighter, so this excess trifecta adds more skin tone, says Dr. Longwill.
How to choose the best witch hazel for your skin
Go alcohol-free: Witch hazel is usually trapped in alcohol to produce an allergen toner; However, “if you have too much alcohol for your skin, it will dry out or interfere with skin barrier function,” says Dr. Longwill. This is why dermatologists specialize in witch hazel products that are alcohol-free. Especially if you plan to adjust the ingredients in your skincare routine, you are advised to choose.
Check for moisturizing ingredients: When purchasing witch hazel, Dr. Longwill recommends looking for products that contain hydrating ingredients such as hydrochloric acid or aloe vera so that the product’s delivery doesn’t dry out too much on the skin.
Do a patch test: To avoid adverse reactions, be sure to label so that it does not contain any of your ingredients that are sensitive or straight-up allergic, says Dr. Schlesinger. If you are not sure if you have a reaction on your face before using it, first ask your skin to check the product in a small, concentrated area of skin – on your arm.