Do you know how difficult to find the best wooden Dollhouses? Initially, it would seem that it does not matter! But buying toys for kids is always a concern, especially as it is more difficult for girls to buy toys. Little girls are attracted to dolls in a different way, but they are not as responsible for their care, so dollhouses made of wood are useful to them. And are you know? What is a good age for a dollhouse? No problem, we’re here to solve the above solutions. That’s why we are going to discuss the various wooden dollhouses in this review, where you would find the best dollhouses for 2, 3 years old and above kids. These dollhouses come with pieces of furniture and other accessories. Currently, there are a variety of dole houses in the marketplace, including large wooden dollhouses, plain wooden dollhouses, and even wooden forts.
These Dollhouses are not only fun to play, but they also increase the imagination and creativity of children and encourage them to build new skills. The best thing about most of these dollhouses is that they include a lot of extras. This means that not only will you buy a beautiful wooden dollhouse, you will also find various accessories including dolls, as well as pieces of additional furniture. It will be easier for you to spend extra money on different products. So below we have discussed in detail about houses equipped with many accessories.
Best Gifts for 2-Year-Olds At A Glance
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Gifts for 2-Year-Olds At A Glance
- 1.1 1. Melissa and Doug Fold and Go Wooden Dollhouse
- 1.2 Pors
- 1.3 Cons
- 1.4 Expert Tip
- 1.5 Final Thoughts
- 1.6 2. Hape All Seasons Kids’ Wooden Dollhouse
- 1.7 Pors
- 1.8 Cons
- 1.9 Expert Tip
- 1.10 Final Thoughts
- 1.11 3. KidKraft Majestic Mansion Dollhouse
- 1.12 Pors
- 1.13 Cons
- 1.14 Expert Tip
- 1.15 Final Thoughts
- 1.16 4. Melissa and Doug Fold and Go Dollhouse
- 1.17 Pors
- 1.18 Cons
- 1.19 Expert Tip
- 1.20 Final Thoughts
- 1.21 5. Melissa and Doug Hi-Rise Wooden Dollhouse
- 1.22 Pors
- 1.23 Cons
- 1.24 Expert Tip
- 1.25 Final Thoughts
- 1.26 6. KidKraft Chelsea Doll Cottage
- 1.27 Pors
- 1.28 Cons
- 1.29 Expert Tip
- 1.30 Final Thoughts
- 1.31 7. Maxim Wooden Modular Doll House
- 1.32 Pors
- 1.33 Cons
- 1.34 Expert Tip
- 1.35 Final Thoughts
- 1.36 8. Teamson Kids Fancy Mansion Wooden Dollhouse
- 1.37 Pors
- 1.38 Cons
- 1.39 Expert Tip
- 1.40 Final Thoughts
- 1.41 9. Calico Critters Cozy Cottage Starter Home
- 1.42 Pors
- 1.43 Cons
- 1.44 Expert Tip
- 1.45 Final Thoughts
- 1.46 10. Skylar Dollhouse
- 1.47 Pors
- 1.48 Cons
- 1.49 Expert Tip
- 1.50 Final Thoughts
- 1.51 The Bottom Line
Before we selecting into the best wooden dollhouses, we’ve put together as a chart. That will help you to choose the best dollhouse dolls for toddlers. Where have at a glance everything including the various dollhouses, their ratings, and the different features.
The Best Brand of Wooden Dollhouses
The Most Important Features
|Melissa and Doug Fold and Go Wooden Dollhouse||Wooden dolls house|
View on Amazon
|Hape All Seasons Kids’ Wooden Dollhouse|
View on Amazon
|KidKraft Majestic Mansion Dollhouse||Wooden dolls house|
View on Amazon
|Melissa and Doug Fold and Go Dollhouse|
View on Amazon
|Melissa and Doug Hi-Rise Wooden Dollhouse|
View on Amazon
|KidKraft Chelsea Doll Cottage with Furniture|
View on Amazon
|Maxim Wooden Modular Dollhouse|
View on Amazon
|Teamson Kids Fancy Mansion Wooden Dollhouse|
View on Amazon
|Calico Critters Cozy Cottage Starter Home|
View on Amazon
|Skylar Dollhouse||Wooden dolls house|
View on Amazon
1. Melissa and Doug Fold and Go Wooden Dollhouse
This Melissa and Doug Fold wooden Dollhouse with furniture is too much fun and modern. This pink dollhouse that comes with two extra dolls as well as a pretty sleek design. Not only is it accessible for easy play but it comes fully furnished with 11 wooden furniture pieces.
- This fun and modern pink dollhouse is portable and can be taken anywhere
- This dollhouse is lightweight to a certain extent
- This house opens wide for easy play access and closes up
- The material of this dollhouse is made of very poor quality and is not worth the price tag according to reviews
- The toy wooden furniture is quite cheap looking
- The wood begins to chip and can cause splinters
There is a huge array of options to consider before buying a dollhouse. Be sure to do some research. Ensure that the size of the dollhouse is a considerate size for tour children.
Melissa and Doug’s products are known for their quality as well as their affordable price which is why we believe this is a wonderful wooden dollhouse if you’re looking for somewhere to start. Not only is it fully furnished but it quite affordable as well.
2. Hape All Seasons Kids’ Wooden Dollhouse
The Hape Wooden Dollhouse is a cute and modern kid’s playhouse with a stylish design, where has tons of cool features and accessories. Not only does it encourage imaginative role-play in children but it also features four unique rooms for playtime variety.
- The materials used contain non-toxic finishes and are child safe
- This dollhouse is ideal for kids aged 3-8 years
- There are extremely tiny parts which could result in a choking hazard
- The quality of this dollhouse is not worth the hefty price tag according to reviews
When your kid will saw these wooden dollhouses they will lose interest in the other extra-large dollhouses. Where your child will face some of the trouble playing with an oversized dollhouse that has to be crammed into corners and another problem is hard to reach places.
Not only is Hape a German-made brand but it is known for delivering quality time and again which is why we recommend this wonderful dollhouse, not only because of its gender-neutral aesthetic but also because it is affordable and won’t break the bank.
3. KidKraft Majestic Mansion Dollhouse
The KidKraft Majestic Dollhouse is every doll lover’s dream because not only is it a huge mansion but it comes with a ton of accessories that is sure to make any child happy. That is why the price of these dolls is comparatively high. But it’s not just a wooden doll, it’s a huge structure with lots of space and lots of room.
- The KidKraft Dollhouse is made completely out of wood and made in the USA
- This dollhouse 34 furniture pieces including accessories
- There are a total of 8 rooms of open space to decorate
- Some of the wood pieces came chipped off
- This dollhouse is not as sturdy as it looks and it’s a little confusing to put together
Before shopping for a dollhouse, figure out where it will be kept. Be sure to measure the area and keep the measurements in mind for a dollhouse. This will prevent aggravation later.
However, because of the high quality, there is also a high price tag involved which is why it’s important to conduct more research before investing in a product such as this one.
4. Melissa and Doug Fold and Go Dollhouse
This Melissa Wood Doll Tea is another adorable, small foldable dole house on this list that is affordable and easily fit anywhere. It comes with complete wood and wooden furniture.
- The Melissa and Doug dollhouse is portable and easily foldable
- This dollhouse comes with sturdy carrying handles
- This fun dollhouse opens up for easy access and play
- This product is great for both boys and girls
- The wood can chip and cause splinters which is a safety hazard for young kids
- This product has poor quality control and younger kids need to be carefully monitored if they’re playing with this
- The wood can be dangerous especially if it’s not sturdy enough
Be sure to purchase the right dollhouse with age in mind to ensure a long time of enjoyment for your child. The majority of dollhouses on the market are designed for specific age ranges.
If you’re looking for something slightly more compact and not as big as the other dollhouses on this list then we recommend checking this out. The Melissa and Doug brand is not only affordable but extremely high quality as well so you know you will not be left disappointed.
5. Melissa and Doug Hi-Rise Wooden Dollhouse
This is another Melissa and Doug brand dollhouse, and just by looking at it, you can tell that it is quite similar to the Hape All Seasons Doll House. Both have similar features and color schemes and are made out of wood. This dollhouse comes with 15 additional pieces and has lots of open space.
- This dollhouse is open-sided and perfect for pretend play at home or at school
- This product has fresh modern colors
- This fun dollhouse is gender-neutral
- There are a total of 6 rooms plus an elevator and it is easy to set up
- This dollhouse is not as sturdy and not worth the price
- There are complaints that this needs more substance instead of a thin wooden frame
- It is difficult to assemble this dollhouse
When buying a dollhouse for a very young child, make sure that there are no small parts as this is a serious choking hazard.
Consider the design of the dollhouse before buying one. Some are modeled more traditionally while others are more modern.
This is the third Melissa and Doug dollhouse on this list and we can assure you that it won’t be the last since there are a couple of more M&D products that we have left to cover. This is almost identical to the Hape dollhouse which means that depending on what your needs are and which one your child would like better.
6. KidKraft Chelsea Doll Cottage
This beautiful, stylish pink house is every girl’s dream come true complete with 3 staircases as well as three levels of open space. It also includes 17 pieces of furniture along with windows that open and close. Not only is this dollhouse large enough for multiple children to play with but it makes a great gift as well.
- There are three levels of open space in this KidKraft dollhouse
- This dollhouse has 2 molded staircases
- Multiple children can play with this dollhouse at once
- There are complaints that certain pieces arrived with glue all over them
Determining your child’s preference for how he or she will play with the dollhouse will make it easier to select the right one.
Be sure to choose a durable design as there are plenty of budget-friendly dollhouses out there.
It would be beneficial to do more research before buying this dollhouse since there are more bad reviews than good ones. However, for the price, we do feel it is justified. If you aren’t looking to spend a ton of money then we recommend checking this out. If you’re looking for something a little more luxurious then we would recommend one of the other dollhouses on this list.
7. Maxim Wooden Modular Doll House
This Maxim dollhouse is a clean and colorful, modern dollhouse for those that are looking for something slightly gender-neutral. The various sections can be arranged to create any combination of dollhouse you want, which means that not only do you get to rearrange it the way you want but it can be played in various different ways.
- This Maxim dollhouse can be arranged up to 6 different ways
- This comes complete and includes everything you need for a fully furnished house
- This dollhouse is kid-safe and made with non-toxic paint and durable wood
- This Maxim dollhouse is good quality and meets rigorous safety standards
- Certain pieces of this dollhouse do not match at all based on reviews
To find a dollhouse that will stand the test of time, keep craftsmanship and material in mind.
You do not need to avoid plastic material, as some dollhouses out there are made of heavy-duty plastic.
This is a wonderful present for anyone who wants to loves dollhouses and wants the chance to play around with the object in various ways rather than just having one solid structure that they can only add accessories to. We recommend checking it out and reading a few more reviews before deciding to buy it.
8. Teamson Kids Fancy Mansion Wooden Dollhouse
The Teamson dollhouse mansion is a wonderful play toy, specifically catered towards little girls due to the prominent pink and purple colors that are prevalent throughout the structure. This is not only sturdy and durable wooden construction but the rooms are open with no walls which means that it’s convenient and easily accessible.
- The Teamson dollhouse 3D furniture includes pieces for the kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom
- This lovely dollhouse offers easy assembly for parents
- This product is packaged with easy to follow step by step instructions
- This dollhouse is durable and high quality made by Teamson Design Corp
- This product is not made of real wood
- Reports indicate that this dollhouse is fragile, disappointing and poor quality
Wooden dollhouses are more traditional and they are also more likely to be passed along from one generation to the next. Dollhouses’ prices vary considerably. Come up with a budget before looking.
This dollhouse is very spacious and makes a great play toy for little girls that are beginning to explore houses and playing with dolls. There are a lot of pros with this product, however, the one downside would be the fact that it isn’t made out of real wood unlike the other dollhouses on this list.
9. Calico Critters Cozy Cottage Starter Home
The mini wood doll is an adorable little dollhouse rather than a calico wood doll. But one of the notable features of this doll is that it comes with about 15 more accessories. It is a gender-neutral little dollhouse with red and brown colors as opposed to the all pink and purple ones we have been looking at.
- There are a total of 15 additional pieces with this Calico Critters dollhouse
- This dollhouse includes a moveable, reversible floor
- This dollhouse is already assembled and ready to play
- This includes pieces like ladders, bed, stove, and sink
- This product is ideal for children that are 3 and above and comes with a critter of your choice
- This dollhouse is incredibly tiny
Be sure to determine the absolute most that can be spent on a dollhouse.
Whether the number is really high or really low, it should be easy to find a dollhouse that meets important criteria.
This adorable little house is perfect for any toddler who enjoys playing with tiny dolls and encourages imaginative role-play. We recommend getting it as a gift with any critter of your choosing which makes it highly customizable.
10. Skylar Dollhouse
Although this Skylar Dollhouse is not exactly straightforward with Melissa and Doug Dollhouse, it looks almost the same. This is why we have included it on this list. Not only is it bright and colorful, but it also comes with 20 additional accessories pieces.
- The Skylar dollhouse is a colorful, clean design that is gender-neutral
- This dollhouse comes with 20 additional extra pieces
- This dollhouse is made of premium quality wood and is handcrafted with a strong durable wood
- This product is made of child-friendly paint
- Reviews indicate that the material of this dollhouse is very cheap
- This dollhouse didn’t come with all the necessary pieces needed based on reviews
- It is a little difficult to put together and the instructions are confusing
Just because the price of a dollhouse is more expensive, doesn’t mean that it’s better.
Sometimes a cheaper playhouse model is more appealing to children.
This is a wonderful dollhouse that is reasonably priced and well within the budgets of many people which is why we recommend checking it out before opting for the Hape brand or the Melissa and Doug dollhouse. Not only because this is a slightly more affordable version but also because it is essentially the same product with very similar features to the other two.
The Bottom Line
Dollhouses truly make wonderful toys and the amazing thing about them is the fact that with the insane amount of variety we have on the marketplace today, they aren’t just another toy for girls to play with. Many young boys also enjoy playing with dollhouses. The best part of this review is the fact that we’ve offered a great variety of products that all have unique features which makes it easier for customers to scan through and quickly read about which ones are the best for their needs.
We take our time and put a lot of effort into the research conducted for these reviews so that we can give you honest and reliable reviews. Like any other product, dollhouses although toys, are also an investment that requires a little bit of time and money. We wouldn’t want you to spend your hard-earned money on a product and not be completely satisfied with it, which is why we give you plenty of details to help make your decision.
If you’re still confused make sure to do your own research before making a decision and carefully read other reviews before purchasing a product. At the end of the day, the decision is ultimately up to you. Not only do these products deliver high quality but they’ve gotten tons of great reviews which means that they’re well worth the price tag. We also recommend checking out the KidKraft Majestic Dollhouse as well as the Calico Critter Dollhouse. These are another two sets of dollhouses that are affordable and come with a decent number of features. In any case, whatever dollhouse you decide to purchase after reading this review, your child will be learning to play creatively and imaginatively.