If you haven’t a bottle of the best witch hazel sitting pretty on your top beauty shelf, all top Makeup Artists suggests to fix it as soon as possible. From ancient times, women are very focused on beauty! And one of the oldest ingredients, witch hazel, is one of the most trusted and acceptable botanical extracts, which can work wonders for your skin as well. And it helps in cleansing the skin, treating acne, coping with oily, reducing dark circles, reducing razor burn, reducing stretch marks. The Thayers witch hazel with aloe vera is the best natural witch hazel that’s so powerful oil-banner and antioxidant, combining natural ingredients rich in anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It is commonly used as toners for oily and acne-prone skin, but it has only recently been producing a cameo on a wide range of products, including exfoliators, mouthwash.
The 21 Best Witch Hazel Comparison
Table of Contents
- 1 The 21 Best Witch Hazel Comparison
- 2 1. Best Classic: Thayers Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Toner
- 3 The Most Important Features of Mario Badescu Witch Hazel Toner
- 4 2. Best Overall: Mario Badescu Witch Hazel & Rose Water Toner
- 5 3. Dickinson’s Enhanced Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Hydrating Toner
- 6 4. Best Drugstore: Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner
- 7 Most Important Features of Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner
- 8 5. Best Face Mist: Boscia Rosewater Mist with Witch Hazel
- 9 6. Best Face Wash: Murad Pore Rescue Daily Cleansing Foam
- 10 7. Best Hair Spray: Aveda Witch Hazel Light Hold Hair Spray
- 11 8. Best Nose Strips: Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips
- 12 9. Best Natural: S.W. Basics Toner
- 13 Most Important of S.W. Basics Toner
- 14 10. Best Exfoliator: Sand & Sky Australian Pink Clay Flash Perfection Exfoliating Treatment
- 15 11. Best for Sensitive Skin: Eczema Honey Premium Witch Hazel and Aloe Spray
- 16 12. Best Pore Minimizer: Korres Pomegranate Tonic Lotion
- 17 13. Best Peel Pads: Volition Beauty Apple Cider Vinegar Resurfacing Peel Pads
- 18 14. Quinn’s alcohol-free witch hazel
- 19 15. T.N. DICKINSON’S WITCH HAZEL ASTRINGENT
- 20 16. Glycolic Acid Toner 7% with Vitamin C – Anti Aging Pore Minimizer
- 21 17. OLE HENRIKSEN GLOW2OH DARK SPOT TONER
- 22 18. Aveda Botanicals Kinetics Toning Mist
- 23 19. Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment
- 24 20. Clarins Toning Lotion with Iris
- 25 21. Neutrogena Oil- and Alcohol-Free Facial Toner, with Hypoallergenic Formula
- 26 Frequently Asked Questions About Witch Hazel
- 27 Can witch hazel cause adverse skin reactions?
- 28 What are the benefits of using witch hazel on your face?
- 29 Can you make a hand sanitizer with witch hazel?
- 30 Is the spray mist the same product as the original witch hazel?
- 31 Is the lemon toner can be used for combination skin?
- 32 Which toner is suitable for dehydrated aging skin?
- 33 Which one is the best for oily, acne-prone, and large pores type of skin?
- 34 How does witch hazel help fight acne?
Here, we have presented, 21 best overall witch hazel for acne treatment hydrating toner price comparison table. Those are totally alcohol-free natural skincare ingredients, that can reduce oil, bacteria, and irritation- according to Dermatologists recommend.
The Best Brand of witch hazel
The Most Important Features
|Best Classic: Thayers Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Toner||Thayers is an Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Toner||View On Amazon|
|Best Overall: Mario Badescu Witch Hazel & Rose Water Toner||Witch Hazel & Rosewater Toner||View On Amazon|
|Dickinson’s Enhanced Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Hydrating Toner||Natural Witch Hazel||View On Amazon|
|Pore Refining Toner||View On Amazon|
|Best Face Mist: Boscia Rosewater Mist with Witch Hazel||A refreshing and alcohol-free hydrating toner||View On Amazon|
|Best Face Wash: Murad Pore Rescue Daily Cleansing Foam||Dual-action foam cleanser||View On Amazon|
|A natural toner for your face||View On Amazon|
|Deep Cleansing Pore Strips||View On Amazon|
|Quinn’s alcohol-free witch hazel||Natural Toner|
|Acne Spot and Oil-Free Acne Treatment with Salicylic Acid, Witch Hazel||View On Amazon|
What is witch hazel?
Witch hazel is a great natural plant-based ingredient and a natural anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, antibacterial, and antioxidant featured adjuvant. These combined ingredients make Witch Hazel a multi-functional active ingredient for skincare products. There are several multi-functional ways that witch hazel can be used as a skin toner to enhance the overall look of your skin. It’s a natural antioxidant containing tannins, a type of polyphenol antioxidant that has been shown in studies to reduce inflammation and work as an anti-aging property. It helps to fight free radicals from causing damage to skin cells. It also acts as a natural anti-aging solution that contributes to the youthful appearance of the skin.
Which Witch hazel is best for the face?
When choosing the best witch hazel product include toners, face mists, and exfoliators for your skin type. You should need to pay attention to the trusty ingredient, as like- is it Alcohol-free? or have unpleasant elements? That Aloe Vera Witch Hazel Toner is designed to invigorate, tone, and clean your skin. Using our proprietary algorithm which witch hazel is a natural ingredient that can reduce oil, bacteria, and irritation. Here we’ve picked some witch hazel toners so you can experience the skin-beautifying benefits for yourself.
- Best Overall: Mario Badescu Witch Hazel & Rose Water Toner
- Best Classic: Thayers Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Toner and The Best Budget: Dickinson’s Enhanced Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Hydrating Toner
Which is the best witch hazel brand for acne?
Are you looking for the best witch hazel brand for acne skin perfection without side effects? No problem! Here we’ve presented the 21 overall best brands of witch hazel for acne treatment and it helps to exfoliate wipe for the face. Probably, this is one of the oldest beauty ingredients. Those witch hazel are the tried-and-true botanical extract that hails from flowering plants in the family Hamamelidaceae, it also commonly known as the witch hazel family or winter bloom. It’s a powerful oil-banisher and antioxidant and it boasts anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Because witch hazel is a natural astringent (and not the icky kind), it’s commonly formulated in toners for oily and acne-prone skin types, but it more recently has been making a cameo in a wider range of products, including exfoliators, face mists, and more.
Here’s our expert-selected overall best 21 world-class witch hazel for acne treatment, that’s a trusty ingredient.
1. Best Classic: Thayers Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera Toner
If you have enlarged pores, adult acne, dry cheeks, oily, T zone, and uneven skin. And if your skin is also extremely sensitive to any products. You can use this Thayer’s witch hazel daily since 03-16-18 and it will alleviate or improved all your skin problems. It doesn’t dry out the skin and it doesn’t burn at all. And the smells are very nice. We over sure if you have one single pimple this Thayer’s witch hazel will cure. It made with aloe vera, this beauty staple hydrates while it clarifies, making it ideal for those with combination skin. Because it’s infused with non-distilled witch hazel extract, more of the plant’s natural astringent compounds, also known as tannins, are present. Depending on your preference, there are also different scents to choose from, like lavender, cucumber, rose petal, and unscented.
The Most Important Features of Mario Badescu Witch Hazel Toner
- Natural Botanical Skin Toner: This is a natural botanical skin toner with rose water, Aloeva’s Filte Witch Hazel that cleanses and moisturizes your skin very easily.
- Witch Hazel: It is a witch hazel that has 5% more tannins than other competitors, tightens pores, controls acne and oil production, reduces redness and inflammation.
- Beneficial Tannins: These beneficial tannins have a very small amount of antioxidant properties, which reduces irritation, and adjusts the pH balance of the skin, and cleanses the skin.
- Conveniently sized: The size of this magical witch Hazel has a very convenient size, which is only a 12-ounce bottle
- Most dermatologists recommend this Thayers Alcohol-Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel Facial Toner for sensitive skin because this is a certified organic and clinically tested
- This is an anti-aging quality and parabens, propylene glycol, Cruelty-free and alcohol-free witch hazel that works well for sensitive skin
- This is an ideal witch hazel brand for hemorrhoids and the original alcohol-free formula with aloe formula
- It will leave your skin feeling very soft and doesn’t irritate the sensitive skin
- This Thayer’s witch hazel has a remarkable rose scent, but its lights and natural and fades fairly quickly
- It can be used every night after cleansing your skin
- This Mario Badescu Rose Facial Spray has great perfection
- This cult-favorite toner has over 8,000 five-star reviews on Amazon, and it’s also one of the cheapest toners on the market.
ONE USER SAID
“This Thayer’s witch hazel stopped all of my cystic acne. She also said that, the words possible to describe how much this has changed my life and improved my confidence. This is the excellent alcohol-free witch hazel for pores and a natural way to clear skin!” So you can use it every night after cleansing your skin. If you have an oily T-zone and this stuff gets rid of the oily feel but doesn’t make your face tight whatsoever. It hasn’t made you sneeze or make your eyes water after use. So you can easily put it on a cotton round and wipe it overall onto the face.
- This Thayers rose petal toner has a different smell that’s weird, not at all like a rose. This is either a major scam or this new formula is horrible.
Considered by many to be the holy grail of witch hazel, Dr. Najarian likes this alcohol-free formula, which does not dry out the skin and can be tolerated by people with sensitive skin. He also mentions that toner combines aloe, which makes it extra anti-inflammatory and works to cool and calm the skin. Apply it in all respects, from sunburns to bug bites, there is nothing it can handle.
2. Best Overall: Mario Badescu Witch Hazel & Rose Water Toner
With over 50 years in the beauty business, Mario Badescu products are beauty routine gold. One of our faves is this super-soothing toner. With an all-star combo of witch hazel, rose water, rose oil, and black rose, this is the perfect step right before applying a moisturizer. Because of its blend of hydrating ingredients, it doesn’t strip the skin and doesn’t leave you feeling tight. Instead, it’s almost like a skin quencher. Apply to the entire face or just areas of concern with a cotton ball or cotton pad.
- This toner is excellent for sensitive skin!
- Formulated with aloe vera, rosewater, and rose oil
- This scent is amazing! and your skin will feel like glowing
- This Mario Badescu Witch Hazel Toner is free of parabens and sulfates
- If you have pores and red bumps on the face, after clean it will not be seen
- Cystic acne is very painful that’s normally caused by medication, it works great for cystic acne, so you can use it every day
- Within a few days of using this facial spray, it helps to keep your skin hydrated and your skin will be stopped breaking out less red as much
- If you’re prone to having dry skin, and any salicylic acid this facial spray moisturizer would do fine too
- This toner is cool and helps reduce pores and the smell is fine and it’s a complete acne treatment
- Everything is great but this brand has a few bad reputations on allergic reaction
While the toner works fine overall, if you use this Mario Badescu witch hazel facial spray with aloe, herbs, and rosewater. Not only does it smell amazing, but also you’ll find to see a huge improvement to your skin. It makes your face look smoother and feel really clean. At night you can spray, rub in, and let dry before applying rosehip oil for moisture. In the morning you can also do the same routine with the spray and oil, then apply your makeup. You can use it differently, but this routine will help you considerably.
This witch hazel is an absolutely fantastic product that helps to excess oil and dead surface cells can clog pores and make them look more pronounced. To remove pore plugs, look to this toner formulated with hydroxy acids and witch hazel. The refining formula delves deep into pores to thoroughly purify them, in turn making them appear smaller. Users also love that it removed leftover makeup on their skin after cleansing. If you have combination skin, apply this toner on oilier areas only, such as the T-zone. Read more reviews of the best drugstore toners available to purchase online.
Most Important Features of Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner
- It helps to reduce the appearance of Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner T pores and lightly refine the skin as well as keep it clean, smooth, and more toned.
- This Cleansing Toner is designed to remove dead surface skin and smooth rough, uneven patches so that the skin feels soft, smooth, and refreshed
- To help provide visible results by reducing the appearance of pores on the skin, it is Derine Hazel, a dermatologist-tested formula of facial cleansing toner, made with alpha and beta hydroxy acids
- It cleanses in deep pores without causing gentle mouth toner irritation or excess dryness and is designed for all skin
- It is non-comedogenic, oil-free, and Hypologic, which is a pore filter. This toner has a unique formula that will not clog pores yet provide visible results and clear skin
- This is the best for cleansing toner and it’s ideal for all skin types
- Decent product amount for the price
- Still a toner
- Great for oily skin
WHAT IT DOES: Using a formula infused with witch hazel, alpha, and beta hydroxy acids, this dermatologist-tested cleanser helps to reduce the look of pores while also smoothing dead surface skin and rough patches.
- Formulated with witch hazel and alpha and beta hydroxy acids
- Does not refine pore
- Not suitable for sensitive skin
- Really drying
This toner removes excess oil from the skin by combining alpha and beta hydroxy acids with Diane Hazel, which makes the skin look much softer. The Dermolotigest expert Dr. Zeichner Says, Just wet a cotton ball or pad and gently smooth over your face in an upward motion. If you begin to experience any dryness or irritation, limit your usage.
This Rosewater and Witch Hazel is a very cool refreshing and alcohol-free hydrating toner mist that delivers a dewy, healthy-looking complexion. And it helps to revitalize and moisturizes skin; leaves skin soft and smooth. Users love this fine mist for its sweet-smelling scent and its ability to deliver moisture effectively and quickly. When spritzed, the product works to eliminate excess oils and visibly tighten pores. Translation: This is perfect year-round, but especially during summer. Apply right before makeup to prep the skin and afterward for a healthy, luminous finish. What we love about this is how it revitalizes and awakens dull skin after a long day—just mist generously whenever you need a pick-me-up. So you can use this Rosewater and Witch Hazel Mist directly onto the face after cleansing, before or after makeup, or throughout the day. With this handy spray, it’s simple to master the midday refresh.
How to use
This Rosewater and Witch Hazel Mist you can use directly onto the face after cleansing, before or after makeup, or throughout the day. It can be used before or after makeup – primes and sets makeup. Also, you can use it after washing your face as a toner and then after applying my makeup for a natural glow!
- Dermatologist tested
- It can be used as a makeup setter
- Formulated with jojoba leaf and willowherb
- It has some user guides, Don’t use cotton balls, you can use a cloth
This Rosewater and Witch Hazel Mist is the best for a quick, dewy refresh for dull or tired skin. And another HELPFUL TIP: Spritz it on before makeup application to prep skin and after makeup application for a hydrating finish.
Slather this fluffy texture all over a moist face for luxurious and effective cleansing. While witch hazel does what it does best (getting rid of extra oil), a powerful combo of flower extracts refreshes and revitalizes, leaving your skin squeaky skin without feeling taut. The best part about this foam is its ability to minimize the look of pores. Users recommend pairing this formula with a cleansing brush for a truly thorough cleanse.
- It’s easy to apply and clean your face gently and quite deeply
- This Murad does a good job of cleaning your face without over-drying it
- It’s great for washing your face after having makeup on all day!
- It can be skin very dry and did not help clear blackheads properly
If you have very sensitive skin and have some acne problems you can try to use it
When you need a bit of hold for that perfectly tousled look, this light hair spray is exactly what you need. Flyways, static, and even fridges are completely removed after spattering on the hair. Then the Aveda witch hazel light holds hair spray witch hazel is even more beneficial. So if your scalp tends to be on the fussier side, this hair product is great to have in your arsenal. And the Aveda Witch Hazel Light Hold Hair Spray has great coverage, never sticky or never gets hard on your hair, but holds hair in place.
- Light hold: It helps to make your hair smell and feel nice! The firm, yet soft and non-stick hold
- Boosts shine: It has high-performance professional boost shine that adds radiance and shines in a 5-minute
- Reduces static: It will help to reduce the static from your hair
- Eliminates flyaways: This Aveda Witch Hazel Hair Spray has another amazing trick for eliminating those flyaways that help to beautifully finish the touch of hairspray
- This spray is comparatively a heavy wet stream
Clogged pores are the worst. Clogged pores on your nose? Worse than the worst. Thankfully, this beauty hall-of-Famer from Biore can grab a hold of all that oil and debris and coax it all out. All you need for the deepest clean is 10 minutes out of the week. The super-sticky formula grabs onto everything—impurities, dirt, oil, and blackheads. The strips bind to all of these pore-cloggers, and when removed, takes them all out. Pores immediately look smaller and cleaner, with no damage to the skin whatsoever.
9. Best Natural: S.W. Basics Toner
This S.W. witch hazel face toner works well for sensitive skin and acne-prone skin and this organic cruelty-free face toner has five ingredients. That’s totally Natural—this toner is as natural as it gets. Raw apple cider vinegar, witch hazel, clary sage essential oil, and sandalwood essential oil come together to clear, tone, and soothe skin for a healthy complexion. Because the formula is so potent, this toner is meant for those with acne-prone and oily skin. Users love the toner’s ingredient transparency as well as the formula’s effectiveness in clearing their blemishes.
Most Important of S.W. Basics Toner
- Events Skin Tone: This natural face toner is great for all skin, including sensitive and acne-prone skin. The Organic apple cider Vinegar Toner even helps with skin tone and cool redness
- PH Balanced Neutralize Oil Production: This Organic witch hazel skin toner helps to keep less oily and less dry for a long time in your faces
- It is made up of 5 ingredients: This S.W. Basics Toner is totally Alcohol-free, pure and simple ingredients include organic, raw apple cider vinegar, organic witch hazel, organic essential oils (sandalwood and Claire Sage), and water
- Sustainable and Natural Ingredients: This S.W. Basics witch hazel face toner is made using only natural ingredients, which are encouraged from organic, fair trade, or family farms
- Simplest Materials: This S.W. witch hazel face toner is made of the simplest ingredient that easy to adapt to the daily makeup routine
10. Best Exfoliator: Sand & Sky Australian Pink Clay Flash Perfection Exfoliating Treatment
While we are, of course, obsessed with this cute pink tube, the Australian pink clay is another reason for our excitement. This exfoliating treatment, made with skin-loving ingredients like pink clay, witch hazel, bamboo, and rosehip oil, gives your skin a spa experience by sloughing away dead cells, detoxifying pores, and brightening the complexion. It successfully mattifies skin in five minutes—simply wet skin and massages the product onto your face for 30 seconds. Let the exfoliator sit for five minutes to allow the fruit acids to penetrate, then wash away. Immediately apply your serum as absorption is accelerated at this point.
11. Best for Sensitive Skin: Eczema Honey Premium Witch Hazel and Aloe Spray
Irritated, inflamed, and congested skin—meet your savior. Aloe vera juice gives a refreshing hydration boost, witch hazel calms swollen skin, and oatmeal extract soothes hot spots. Spray whenever your skin feels like it’s on the fritz—after a workout, post-shave, before makeup and after application, or during a bad breakout. Users suggest putting this in the fridge overnight for a major ah feeling in the a.m.
View On Amazon
12. Best Pore Minimizer: Korres Pomegranate Tonic Lotion
The 15% pomegranate water in this toner mattifies, purifies and detoxifies your pores. Using a cotton ball, swipe over areas of concern—especially at the T-zone—and let alpine willowherb and witch hazel extract remove traces of oil and impurities. Users find that their skin feels balanced and less greasy after continued use.
13. Best Peel Pads: Volition Beauty Apple Cider Vinegar Resurfacing Peel Pads
Retexturize your skin with a combo of apple cider vinegar, fruit acids, glycolic acids, and witch hazel. This facial-peel-in-a-pad is not only safe to use every day, but it’s actually recommended to do so. After cleansing, simply slip two fingers into the pad and apply over the face and neck. There will be a slight tingling feeling, but this is normal. Users love how soft their skin feels the next morning after use, which sets the stage for their makeup application.
View On Amazon
14. Quinn’s alcohol-free witch hazel
Quinn’s Alcohol-Free Witch Hazel made of a unique formula and its works as an all-in-one cleanser, toner & moisturizer, suitable for all skin types, on any face. All of these ingredients are 100% natural, organic, and free of parabens, propylene glycol, and it has included certified organic aloe vera. That’s why your skin will be left thoroughly cleanse and conditioned without disturbing its natural moisture. And you’ll be amazed at the soothing, non-drying nature of Quinn’s. Dr. Jaliman said, he is very fan of this Quinn witch hazel, which is similar to Thayers except that as an added bonus you’ll smell like a bouquet of roses after one use. It’s alcohol-free (won’t dry out skin) and boasts aloe to cool and soothe even tricky, sensitive skin.
- The formula is anti-inflammatory to rid redness in a pinch and is naturally scented with luxurious rose petals so skin smells sweet and fresh
- It’s really gentle with a soft perfume of roses and the bottle is also large enough with well packaged
- This Quinn’s alcohol-free witch hazel is especially best for sensitive skin and great for combination skin
- This is only a $15 bottle of magic that has been known to clear even the most stubborn cystic blemishes
- It has a sweet rosy scent and it’s 100% natural and organic with Alcohol-free
- Overall enough good but the rose scent is slightly different it smells less like rosewater
- The packaging is so cute but artificial
In recently Quinn’s alcohol-free witch hazel changed the formula and started putting phenoxyethanol in their product that’s why the ingredients seem natural and the smell is wonderful.
This T.N. Dickinson’s witch hazel has a 100% Natural Astringent and alcohol-free formula. It works really well for sterilizing the skin before waxing and after to help reduce inflammation and breakout along with lavender oil and calendula cream. If you are suffering from hemorrhoids and you already spend a lot of money on skin/face products but nothing has given you the results this is the best facial toner on the market that will give you a cool fresh feeling afterword to reassure you’re clean! This witch hazel is a gentle, refreshing, and fantastic cleansing product, so we highly recommend it because we believe it is 100% safe for all skin types.
- 100% natural
- Witch Hazel
- Natural Astringent
User Guide: if you want your hygiene to be excellent! You can use the Scott or Cottonelle cleansing cloths or a sheet if needed, remember you don’t miss any spots!
- Remove the protective inner seal
- Moisten a cotton ball or cleansing pad and gently wipe the skin
- Apply as often as necessary
So you can keep a bottle in each bathroom. If you have very sensitive skin then you should avoid it!
16. Glycolic Acid Toner 7% with Vitamin C – Anti Aging Pore Minimizer
This toner anti-aging pore minimizer combines the exfoliating beneﬁts of Glycolic Acid with powerful fruit acids to support the skin’s natural renewal process. Basically, it’s designed to refine the skin’s texture without irritation or dryness while decreasing the appearance of wrinkles, ﬁne lines, and dehydration. And this hydrating toner & exfoliant solution balances and preps your skin to better absorb serums and moisturizers. It has Vitamin C and a strong antioxidant that tones and tightens the appearance of the skin. While supporting healthy collagen production and boosts brightness that gives your skin a natural glow and helping balance & tightening.
- It helps to shrink the pores & clogged pores, blackhead & whitehead problem
- This Glycolic Acid boosts cell turnover to exfoliate, unclog, clear & reduce dulling cells
- It nourishes & treats the skin and it makes a great addition to your toning beauty care routine
- May be applied daily for a gentle exfoliation for supple & poreless results
- InstaNatural products are developed and manufactured in GMP compliant facilities in the USA
- This is a wonderful toner for something quick and brightens up your faces but the price is comparatively high
It actually feels clean and hydrated and it is easy to use all the ingredients and this soothing toner has a very good smell.
17. OLE HENRIKSEN
LOVED FOR: The yummy lemon sugar scent, tingling effectiveness, and brightening results
- Formulated with glycolic and lactic acids
- Infused with lemon, sugar cane, and chamomile
- Free of sulfates and parabens
18. Aveda Botanicals Kinetics Toning Mist
Another pick from Dr. Nazarian is a stronger option—with an alcohol base and other astringent ingredients—for those with oily or acne-prone skin. The refreshing, cooling peppermint mist replenishes moisture, restores the natural balance of the skin, and eliminates surface oil build-up. “I like that it comes in the form of a spray, it makes it easy to apply evenly to a thin layer,” says Dr. Nazrian. Spray the ions in the morning and evening after cleansing your face, and neck.
19. Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment
Breakouts giving you hell? This acne spot treatment combines salicylic acid with witch hazel to remove oil, dry out pimples, and calm inflammation, Dr. Zeichner says. It really works to penetrate pores and clear blemishes by quickly reducing the size, redness, and swelling of zits. Plus, the super-portable packaging means you can pop it in your purse for easy travel and apply the spot treatment whenever you feel a pimple cropping up.
20. Clarins Toning Lotion with Iris
This Clarins Toning Lotion is another favorite of Dr. Tichenor’s, which’s a very gentle, alcohol-free toner, that’s why it combines witch hazel with various botanical extracts to soothe the skin while removing excess oil. After cleansing, soak two cotton pads with the toning lotion and smooth over your face and neck. If you have very very sensitive skin and a lot of red acne scars on your face and have acne regularly, then it will be the product of a very effective and finest cleanest feeling on your skin. And it smells is fabulous and very natural.
- This Clarins Toning Lotion is very light, so you don’t feel oily
- It’s very fresh and it’s very useful too
- This is a great toner and it’s controls oil without leaving your skin dry as the Sahara desert
- It’s very gentle to the skin and very effective with the perfect step for post-cleansing
- Everything is ok, but it doesn’t perfect for mixed skin
21. Neutrogena Oil- and Alcohol-Free Facial Toner, with Hypoallergenic Formula
This Neutrogena oil- and alcohol-free is a wonderful facial toner. This toner has a hypoallergenic formula that’s very well priced and works wonders. If you have oily skin then it helps to remove the last bits of makeup the cleansing cloths don’t remove and really does seem to normalize the PH in the skin. This refreshing facial toner works to cleanse and tone without stripping the skin of its natural moisture. Its formula contains mild purifiers that work to gently remove impurities and help recondition the skin.
- This Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Facial Toner helps to keep the skin pure, clean and refreshed without exposing natural moisture
- This alcohol-free face toner has a light purifier that helps to gently remove impurities and rejuvenate the skin
- These alcohol-free face cleansing ingredients make the skin clean and refreshed without itching or drying, and it does not allow the skin to lose its natural moisturizing facial skin
- It makes the skin refreshed and clean and supple and smooth without any dryness or stinging on the skin
- This Oil- and Alcohol-Free Facial Toner works well for oily skin but this is not better for sensitive skin
Frequently Asked Questions About Witch Hazel
Here are some of the question that was racing from the regular witch hazel users. And the answer is given by our experts and some of the dermatologists.
How often should you use witch hazel toner?
If you are looking for a natural way to take care of your skin, use Dine Hazel in your skincare routine. Since witch hazel has significant and antibacterial properties, it can soothe acne or swollen skin. Apply the spritz witch hazel toner on your face or brush directly over the stain. Mix witch hazel in aloe vera gel and spread it on sunburned skin. You can even create your own herbal-infused witch hazel to use as a facial mask or aftershave. Dr. Shamban says that you can use your witch hazel toner anywhere from twice a week or every day, depending on how your skin responds. Remember, if it’s an alcohol-based toner, avoid it. It can disrupt the pH, and lead to an overproduction of oil to compensate, which, of course, totally defeats the purpose.
How do you use witch hazel? (In acne skin or sensitive skin without side effects)
You can also use witch hazel as a toner:-
If you have sensitive skin or acne skin a witch hazel will pretty work, so your skin routine can go like this:
- Wash face
- Tone with witch hazel
- AM moisturizer
- Makeup primer
- Use makeup remover wipes to remove makeup
- Wash face/exfoliate (2–3x a week)
- Tone with witch hazel
- PM moisturizer
This witch hazel will work pretty well for sensitive skin and it may help to provide relief from symptoms, such as itching and tenderness, and relieve inflammation.
Is Witch Hazel bad for your skin?
It’s commonly thought that because witch hazel has “astringent” properties, it can “dry up” acne. On the other hand, it’s also true, the irritation caused by the witch hazel can make blemishes worse. According to Paula’s Choice Skincare, the reason witch hazel has the tendency to dry skin when over-used is because of an antioxidant called tannins. Short-term, tannins can provide great skin benefits, however, it’s the long term where there’s an issue. Taking the best care of your skin requires using ingredients that contain only the good stuff, and none of the bad stuff. Witch Hazel for Acne and Blemishes. The Witch hazel work as an astringent and it help shrink your pores, soothe your skin and reduce inflammation.
Overall, The witch hazel is proven as safe for all types of skin in all time, but it may not work for everyone.
Is witch hazel good for oily skin?
The witch hazel is an excellent choice for oily skin and it can be used with a moisturizer for oily skin to remove the excess oil and lift trapped dirt and makeup residue from your pores without dehydrating your skin. This magical hazel tea is a powerful herbal compound that can be used in a variety of ways. It’s derived from the leaves and bark of Hamamelis virginiana, a type of shrub that is native to North America. Often applied to the skin of the head and head, witch hazel is widely known for its ability to soothe inflammation and soothe sensitive skin. It helps to reduce skin Irritation. Some research was looked that applying witch hazel topically to sensitive skin may be beneficial in the treatment of inflamed, irritated, or broken skin.