In recent, Roberts Jason writes a comment, Stairs can be a challenge to clean, but even more difficult is finding the right vacuum to clean them.
A good vacuum cleaner does not only do well cleaning, but also sucks up dirt, dust, hair, and allergens hidden in the Stairs.
If you have stairs in the house, then already you understand how inconvenient to clean the stairs. Reaching every staircase and removing all the hair, what a challenge! This is why you should choose a good quality vacuum, to expect the desired results. Many people thinking, why a pet’s hair will go to the stairs?
This is very common because if your pet always refuses to be down, this area of the house eventually gets coated with hair, which is difficult to erase. When collecting pet hair from stairs and corners of the wooden in a broom or any other way, they will fly around, which will become dirty too more. You need one that is ergonomic, light, and adaptable to the awkward staircase.
However, you will require a number of attachments to manage the work, that extra features will make it easier for cleaning stairs.
Top 10 Best Vacuum for Stairs Comparison
You know better that it is a big challenge to find the best vacuum cleaner that must be also suitable for stairs and much powerful to clean up the pet hair and dust as well. And no doubt that it will be a difficult task to find out the best one by comparing in between different products, so that’s why by keeping in mind
we have picked up the top-rated top ten models that are proved to be the best vacuum for stairs.
What qualities and features make the vacuum the best to work on the stairs?
- The best hose that can adjust to different angles and heights
- The unique and ergonomic design even that can work in strange positions
- Have a lot of attachments
- Large cleaning radius
- Compact footprint
- Large area to store fur!
What Should Need To Consider To Buy Best Vacuum for Stairs Cleaning?
To select the best vacuum for stairs:-
When you are going to buy a new vacuum for stairs cleaning, then make sure that it must be according to your flooring material. The point is hardwood stairs always need a vacuum that comes with soft bristles that no doubt protect the finishing of your stairs when you vacuum. On the other hand, carpeted stairs need such a vacuum that comes with a small power brush head or also with a secondary brush attachment in order to scrub hair out from carpet fibers. As a matter of fact, we like such smaller and powered hand brushes for vacuuming unlike horizontal carpets of your stairs.
Which Vacuum Is Cleaner Best For Home Stairs?
If you want to have such great features of flexibility and maneuverability then We would like to recommend Dyson V8 Absolute.
However, this is so lightweight and the best versatile vacuum that can solve all kinds of problems related to stairs cleaning and also both for the ground and ceiling. It offers plenty of cordless power that you can easily and perfectly do the cleaning rest of your house. According to the reviews, this is proved to be the best cordless vacuum on the market. It’s basically suitable for both carpeted and Stairs.
1. Eureka Easy Clean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum 71B
This Easy Clean 71B is a formidable opponent for dirty stairs, it’s specially designed especially for cleaning stairs. It has a powerful 5.5 amp motor that provides powerful suction as well as drives the motorized brush roll.
It also has a “Riser Visor” you can flip up or down to allow you to vacuum both the step and the vertical riser of the stair without having to articulate your hand in an uncomfortable position. A washable filter traps the dirt and is easy to empty and clean. A long 20-foot long power cord makes it possible to access your entire staircase (in most homes.)
The Eureka EasyClean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum 71B is a serious option for stairs. This Hand-Held Vacuum is a fine, quality product that will make cleaning your stairs, well, almost fun!
Features & Benefits
- Mode 2 at the flip of the switch: Suction only, for either the small attachment wand (that neatly clicks up into the vacuum nicely)
- It has a long enough cord to plug in without much of a problem. The cord just wraps around the handle
- Strong suction and rolling brushes
- The color is a nice bright yellow, just like in the picture
- Long cord long enough to go all the way to the top of the stairs
- Riser Visor – allows you to do the sides and tops of stairs
- Crevice Tool – Easily stored on the device for corners and floorboards
- Power – My stairs are Animal hair free
- This item is slightly heavy but manageable. However still so much easier than a full-size vacuum that possible to deal
- Hair clung to the filter making it really hard to clean off
Overall, this is a powerful little machine that is strong enough to tackle pet hair from the home and stairs.
2. Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vacuum (HV292)
It is rare to find a Shark vacuum with anything less than a 4.0 Star Customer Rating. J.D. Power and Associates have awarded Shark® their “Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Upright Vacuums” award for Two Years in a Row.”*
This excellent Corded Bagless Handheld by SharkNinja is no exception! The Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vac (HV292) may be the perfect solution for cleaning stairs as well as furniture, drapes, and other above-floor areas. It is one of the most powerful CORDED handheld vacuums currently available that never loses suction as the dirt bin fills. The suction on this hand vac is amazing! It has a TruePet Motorized brush roll for digging out the most embedded dirt and pet hair from carpeted stairs. A 15-foot long cord makes it possible to reach even long staircases.
- Powerful suction
- Easy to change attachments
- The rotating brush really helps get deep clean
- Easy to empty
- Cleaning instructions seem simple
- Cord length is long enough to complete the entire staircase
- No storage/carrying caddy for easy storage
- The cord does not retract so will have to wind up
Finally, it easy to empty contents from the vacuum and enough to clean pet hair from the stairs.
Best Cordless Handheld Vacuums for Stairs
A few years ago when there were no cordless handheld vacuums that had enough power or features for cleaning stairs. Now, with all the advancements in battery and DC motor technology a cordless handheld vacuum offers the very best solution for dealing with stairs. The cord-free hand vacs recommended below come with motorized mini brushes that are designed to clean both horizontal and vertical surfaces.
They have plenty of power to clean your stairs and are lightweight and easy to maneuver. The feature you will like best is there is no cord to inhibit your wrist movement. Comparatively those corded vacuums are expensive too. That’s why we recommend selecting a model with a replaceable battery as opposed to a built-in battery.
In addition to being a serious solution for cleaning your stairs and whole-house that will typically save you time.
3. Dyson V7 Trigger Cord-Free Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
In this Dyson has been dominating the cordless market because of its innovative features and advancements they have made in the technology. The V 7 Trigger produces the strongest suction of any other hand vac currently available. It features a Mini Motorized Tool that easily digs out embedded dirt typically found on stairs. Equipped with a unique HYGIENIC Dirt Ejector, this feature lets you eject the trapped dust and dirt without having to touch it.
It has plenty of dirt-holding capacity to clean almost any flight of stairs before emptying. The V7 Trigger employs 15 cyclones that trap microscopic particles as small as 0.5 microns which meets HEPA standards. The Lithium-Ion 21.6V Battery is built-in and is REPLACEABLE so you don’t have to worry about this tool becoming obsolete in a few years.
- The battery life is such that this vacuum is really useful for pretty stairs jobs
- The most powerful suction handheld Vacuum
- Easy to operate and clean, lightweight and good battery life, and very handy
- This vacuum works great & keeps a good charge and easy to empty & clean
- A bit expensive but worth it especially for dog and cat hair
Finally, the attachments it comes with are great and it’s so nice to be able to do quick clean-ups without having to pull out my full-size, corded Dyson vacuum. This handheld is powerful as well.
4. BISSELL Lightweight Cordless Hand Vacuum and Car Vacuum
This unique battery-powered handheld vacuum is well suited for the job of cleaning your stairs. A motorized brush roll attachment to dig out the deepest embedded dirt and a commercial-grade 22V Lithium-ion provides amazing suction for up to 15 mins. of cleaning. The battery is replaceable and easily removable so you can Upgrade the runtime to as much as 30 minutes by simply investing in a second Optional Battery Pack. This is the only handheld cordless vac that has a built-in Extension Hose for detail cleaning. This feature makes it easy to clean other areas such as the base of the banister pickets while you clean your stairs.
- This cordless vacuum works very well and has the best suction power
- The strong motor and suction seems to continue even with a half-full container of debris
- Great product with the power brush attachment and the colors are fabulous!
- The great power brush that can clean up rug and furniture/car seats well
- Powerful enough for household duties. Lots of great accessories and the tools are easy to use
- Obsessed with the motorized brush. This makes cleaning cat litter and stairways so much easier
- The base has an ergonomic handle that is very easy to hold
- The suction of the single hose sucks…when u pull it out to use it has little power to suck.
5. Dyson V8 Absolute Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
When it comes to overall cleaning capability the Dyson V8 Absolute Stick belongs at the top of the list of the best. Its suction power actually rivals that of many corded upright vacuums. When using the included Mini Motorized Tool it is a formidable weapon for cleaning even plush carpeted stairs.
In addition to solving your stair cleaning problem, this cordless stick is a godsend for cleaning hardwood or other hard floor surfaces.
The powerhead utilizes a unique Soft material along with integral rows of Carbon Fiber stiff bristles that combine to easily clean fine dust as well as large debris such as cereal and dried pet food from the floor. Finally, it’s a pretty excellent vacuum those are lightweight, portable, and very user-friendly.
- This unique feature of the V8 Absolute is really appreciatable the cleverly designed Dust Cup Emptying System
- The Dyson V8 Stick is one of few cordless stick vacuums that incorporates a true HEPA Level Filtration System
- Combined with the Dust Cup Emptying System this is an Allergy-Friendly vacuum
- It works very well on low to medium pile floor carpet, but it would not be practical for use on deep or plush pile carpeting, as with on stairs
6. “Tineco” A10 Hero Cordless Vacuum 2-in-1 Handheld Stick Vacuum
Another Cordless Stick Vacuum I really like for cleaning stairs is the new Tineco A10 Hero Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 350W.
You probably don’t recognize the name “Tineco.” It is a newly-established division of Ecovacs which makes the very popular line of Robotic Vacuums. Their offices are located at 487 Bryant Street, 1st Floor San Francisco, CA 94107, USA.
This stick vac has suction power that rivals the Dyson V8 Absolute. It comes with a Mini Power Brush for tackling those stairs and it’s only about HALF the price of the V8.
You can expect about 25 minutes at normal suction and about 7 minutes on Max. Normal suction is more than adequate for most cleaning applications including carpeted stairs. The Max option is for the really dirty deep-down trouble areas.
Best Canister Vacuums for Stairs
If you are looking for a new primary vacuum to clean your floors plus your stairs a Canister Vacuum is definitely an option to consider.
As I pointed out above it’s critically important that the vacuum is equipped with a motor-driven floor brush to be able to deep clean carpeted stairs.
Canister vacuums are an excellent choice for cleaning carpeted and smooth floors as well as stairs.
The powered floor brush feature tends to drive up the price of a canister vacuum significantly.
A canister vacuum will allow you to easily clean the step portion of the first 4 or 5 stairs working from below. However, to clean stairs beyond that will require you to carry the main body of the vacuum with one hand while manipulating the wand and cleaning brush with the other. This may be an issue for a smaller person because a canister vacuum can weigh from 15 lbs. up to 18 lbs. and can be cumbersome to carry and clean.
The canister vacuum models I have recommended below have plenty of suction power to clean stairs and have been used for decades as a highly effective primary vacuum.
Also, a good quality Canister Vacuum happens to be one of the Best Vacuums for Hardwood Floors.
7. Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister Vacuum Cleaner
The Miele Complete C3 Marin is a premium quality German-Made Canister Vacuum with whole-house cleaning capability. It is recommended for all types of carpet and smooth floors. If your stairs have medium to thick pile carpet you need a canister vacuum with a motorized brush roll and the Miele Complete C3 Marin is one of the best. If your stairs have low pile carpeting most canister vacuum will work just fine. It features the Miele SEB 236 Electro Premium Powerbrush that has enough power to dig out the toughest dirt from even lush thick pile carpet on floors or stairs.
A Telescoping Wand allows you to shorten it for cleaning stairs.
The Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister Vacuum is a strong performer on all carpet and smooth or hardwood floors as well as above-floor cleaning.
A powerful 6 Stage Variable Speed motor is controlled with a foot pedal switch.
The HEPA-Grade Filtration system captures over 99.9% of all lung-damaging particles and makes it a smart choice for allergy sufferers. The Miele Complete C3 Marin is a BAGGED vacuum and utilizes the Miele AirClean Bags that eliminate any escaped dust while changing.
Up to 36 ft. cleaning radius and an Automatic Cord Rewind make cleaning with the Miele Complete C3 Marin a pleasure to use. 3 high-quality onboard attachments plus a Parquet Twister hard floor brush are included.
Miele Vacuums are expensive but are known to last for decades instead of a couple of years. It’s backed by the Miele 7 Year Motor Warranty, 1 Year Parts & Labor.
If a Canister Vacuum makes sense for your home and stair cleaning the Miele Complete C3 Marin Canister Vacuum may be your best option.
Best Upright Vacuums for Stairs
A viable option to consider serving as your primary vacuum as well as working well for cleaning your stairs is an Upright model that has a Lift-Away feature. This unique feature allows you to detach the motor/canister module from the main body. This gives you the freedom to easily move up or downstairs while cleaning.
They come with a variety of attachments to deal with different types of cleaning areas and surfaces. The detached module tends to be significantly lighter than a canister vacuum, making it easier to clean stairs.
The problem is they do not have a motor-driven brush. Instead, the brush you would use on stairs is what’s known as a “Turbo” brush. It’s driven by the flow of air over an internal turbine. This feature works great on Low Pile carpeting but lacks enough raw power to give you the deep cleaning you need for medium to deep pile carpet. However, they work just fine for low pile carpeting.
The Shark NV352 is simply one of the best Bagless Upright Vacuums available today in its price range!
It features a Lift-Away Pod that makes it an outstanding choice. Currently, the only Upright Lift-Away models that I feel confident in recommending are manufactured by SharkNinja. Any of the SharkNinja Lift-Away Series will work well but here is one of their lower-priced models as a starting place.
9. Shark Rocket DeluxePro Ultra-Light Upright Corded Stick Vacuum
The Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light Upright (HV322) is actually the forerunner of the now very popular cordless stick vacuum (See Above Recommendations).
This is not a Lift-Away type vacuum, but I felt that it was important to show you this style of vacuum as a very practical option for stair cleaning.
Its motorhead design allows you to use it as a powerful corded upright vacuum for cleaning all types of floor surfaces.
Click off the wand and you have a very powerful handheld vacuum. Click on the motorized Mini Pet Power Brush and attack those carpeted stairs. This vacuum will handle even the deepest plush carpet pile, removing trampled down embedded dirt.
- Powerful, effective vacuum for removing pet hair from any surface
- It works fantastic on Stairs!
- It also works well as a Pet Hair Vacuum and it does an excellent job on Hardwood Floors
- And to top it all off it does an excellent job of deep-cleaning carpet too
- LED light at the front end, so you can see the dirt it’s picking up
- Front end detaches so you can use the long pipe to reach hard to reach areas
- The top/vacuum part can be used for clean upstairs, car, small surface area, etc.
- Small cup for dirt collection and filters need cleaning and replacement sometimes
- Roller brush at the bottom get clogged with hair and start to jam and not spin as well, so you constantly have to clean them