Looking for the Best Remote Control Car for Kids as a great gift? You’d like them to go outside and get away from the screen for a little while. The fact is, today’s children can’t get enough of tech! If your child loves pushing fiddly buttons, maybe a toy that will get them outside and away from the screen is something remote-controlled. Kids have been playing with remote control cars since the Sixties but a lot has changed! As tech changes, the tech becomes more compact and even the old dog learns some new tricks. The modern remote control car tends to have ATV tires and can run for longer than ever. Plus, there are a few tricks they can do now you probably didn’t think possible when you were a kid with your scaled-down Bigfoot! Keep reading for more info.
Why You Need to Buy the “Best remote control car for kids’’
Play is how a child’s mind develops. Imagination, dexterity, and cognitive development are just some of the things a child can develop from playing with remote control cars. With a remote control car, some dirt, a bit of cast-off plywood, and some imagination your child can dream up an adventure that could keep them entertained for hours. Yes, your kid is building some digital dexterity on their smartphone, but let’s switch things up (no pun intended) by throwing in a lever or a joystick. Maybe your kid will never be a Formula 1 racer, but the future engineer can figure out how to make ramps and bridges through trial and error with a remote control car. Your little ones might look like they’re just having fun. Actually, they’re learning about Newton’s Laws of Motion with a remote control car.
Letting your children play with a remote control car will teach them resilience and problem-solving skills. Does this car move better on tile or carpet? Sand or gravel? They learn responsibility. Once they’ve learned how to properly care for and maintain a toy car, maybe they’re ready for the goldfish. They also learn cause and effect. What happens when this button is pressed? Does the car take the ramp better with a running start? Hands eye co-ordinations are also honed. If the kid gets into racing, social skills such as cooperation and sportsmanship can be built. Play is how children learn and express themselves. This is the time for the child to be the leader. You can incorporate yourself into your child’s playtime. You can make suggestions and put down a few safety limits but for the most part, play should be child-led.
How These Things Work
All of these vehicles will have a transmitter that would come with joysticks for control and a receiver in the car. They may also come in a pistol grip form with a trigger for the throttle and a wheel for turning. The receiver switches the radio signal broadcast from the transmitter into the suited electrical control signals for the other parts of the control system. Most recently, the 2.4 GHz frequency radio has become the norm for hobby-grade R/C cars. Said radio is wired up to either servo or electronic speed controls so that they might perform such actions as braking, throttle control, steering, and on some cars, engaging in either forward or reverse gears.
Built for Speed
Kids love to see how fast things can go! How fast can an RC vehicle go? Well, that depends on if you mean scale speed or actual speed. Scale speed measures speed in relation to the actual sized vehicle. RC cars modeled after cars built for speed (streamlined shape, spoilers, etc.) are just going to be faster. Actual speed is how fast it goes when clocked with a police radar gun. Also, keep in mind that there are hobby-grade racers and toy-grade racers. The hobby grade racers move faster, but a child still figuring this thing out will probably find a toy grade easier to handle.
Playing it Safe
Electronic toys are for the most part safe to play with. They are safer than nitro-powered RC vehicles which should be left strictly to grown-ups. Check for age-appropriate guidelines for your children’s toys. Toys that have small, removable parts are not good for children under three who might swallow them. This is especially true for small magnets. Keep your little racer away from actual vehicular traffic while they play. If your RC is not designed for water resilience, do not use it in wet areas. If the car is not properly sealed it may cause electrical shock if handled while wet. Almost all such toys will come with instructions. Read those instructions and follow them. Remember to change or recharge the batteries before you really “need” to. Nobody wants to play with a toy that leaks acid.
We’ve got ten products here that we feel are the best remote control cars for kids. Your kid is sure to get a kick out of at least one of them! Compare and see.
1. Growsland- Remote Control Car
This Growsland Xmas super fast Remote Control Car is a Great Gift for Kids! This sleek little hornet says “Supercar” on the side and lives up to it by being excellent and fast and the box is small and easily wrappable. The car is plastic but so far it’s held up great. The lights go on every time it moves which is really cool. Every kid will love it as will the adult hobbyists. This remarkable, innovative toy will offer your child many learning opportunities through play. The quality design and strong materials ensure that your child will be able to play with this for a very long time. Many kids enjoy it finding it both super fast and easy to use.
Most Important Features of Growsland Remote Control Car
- The car has real working lights.
- It can reach speeds of eight to ten miles per hour.
- Flexible wheels reduce friction.
- The 1/24 Scale RC car makes it the ideal size for inside use.
- Round edges will keep children from getting an injury. It comes with a screwdriver to make small adjustments.
- The remote is simple to use.
- It goes rather fast.
- It’s not too loud.
- It is made of sturdy materials.
- Batteries are not included. (Four AA needed for the car, and two AA needed for the remote.)
- The remote distance is short, less than ten feet.
2. Kulariworld RC Cars Toys for Kids, Drift Remote Control Car
The yellow and black color scheme seems pretty popular right now. Those into motorsports will be familiar with a driving technique called drifting, where the driver oversteers intentionally. It’s very dangerous and seriously damages the tires, but it looks cool. Drifting is more safely done on a toy such as this. It is recommended for children over the age of eight and is very quick for its size.
Most Important Features of Kulariworld RC Cars
- It can reach a speed of twelve miles per hour.
- The remote is suitable for a child’s hands.
- The headlights are working LED lights.
- The body is made of strong plastic that doesn’t damage easily.
- The bright-colored paint job will not fade easily.
- It is super fast.
- The remote works at distances of thirty-three to forty-five feet outdoors; sixteen to thirty-three feet indoors.
- It is easy to maneuver.
- It is sturdy and can take some collision.
- It only works on smooth terrain.
- Batteries are not included. (requires three AA for the car, two AA for the remote)
3. Kidzlane Remote Control Car -Mini Double-Sided Stunt Car
Here’s something both kids and adults will love. This is one of the old dogs that learned the new tricks mentioned earlier. And this dog’s favorite trick is rolling over! It also does other amusing stunts on chunky glowing tires that won’t harm your furniture or walls. Get a few of them so you can have a race! There have been complaints about the battery compartment. You may need to break out the duct tape.
Most Important Features of Kidzlane Remote Control Car
- The tires have flashing LED lights.
- It flips, spins, and does hairpin turns.
- It can drive on both sides.
- The materials are rugged and kid-safe yet won’t do damage to the decor.
- It has a powerful four-wheel drive for its size.
- The remote has a very wide range of over 100 feet.
- Its tricks will keep children amused for a long time.
- The tires or durable but shouldn’t do any damage.
- The LED lights make this fun to play in the dark.
- The controller has a super wide range.
- Not only does it not come with batteries, (four AAA for the car, two AA for the remote) they’re hard to keep in.
- It contains small magnets. Do not give to children who like to swallow things.
4. Womdee- Remote Control Car
Do your kids drive you up the wall? Give them something they can drive up the wall! I’ll bet when you were a kid you never thought a remote control car could do something like this! They tell Isaac Newton to take a hike, but maybe they can pick up Robert Boyle. It seems a bit inspired by the recent Batman films where the Batmobile now resembles a small tank that can drive up walls. Where does he get those wonderful toys?
Most Important Features of Womdee Remote Control Car
- The vacuum system allows a mode in which the car to climb any verticle surface, even glass.
- Said system is strong enough for it to drive on the ceiling.
- It can do 360 spins.
- The LED headlights work on both sides front and back.
- It even has a turn signal!
- The car itself needs no batteries but can be recharged through an included USB cable. (Remote requires batteries)
- It is made out of durable, shockproof material.
- It can go a good four or five hours before it needs to be charged.
- The driving up-the-wall stunt should amuse kids for hours.
- Driving on the ceiling means no one will trip over it.
- The control is infrared.
- It needs a hand to get from floor to wall.
- The remote needs six AA batteries.
5. Eholder Remote Control Race Car
Here’s something for those who like off-road racing. It’s an open buggy style with ATV tires so you can play in the woods, the beach, the park, or the backyard. The soft rubber won’t damage floors, so it is suitable for indoor play as well. Perfect for anyone who ever wanted to re-enact Mad Max with Barbies. It is not suitable for very young children but an eight-year-old should cope.
Most Important Features of Eholder- Remote Control Race Car
- The 2.4 GHz radio remote will not interfere with WiFi or other electronics.
- The high-speed motor means it can reach speeds of more than nine mph.
- Like the off-roader it was based on, it has an anti-collision design making it very durable.
- The four-axis independent suspension system substantially prevents vibration damage.
- The oversized tires with thick treads mean this car can drive over many obstacles.
- A miracle of miracles, it not only comes with batteries; they’re rechargeable.
- The remote has an extraordinarily long range of 165 feet.
- The one-handed remote is simple to use.
- It can be played within a variety of environments.
- The toy is very durable.
- There are only twenty minutes of playtime before it needs to be charged again.
- It has some choking hazards, making it unsuitable for children under three.
6. Maisto R/C Rock Crawler Extreme Radio Control Vehicle
The all-new Rock Crawler Extreme from Maisto takes your radio control experience off-road. This off-road radio control features articulated suspensions, three motors, and low gearing to make for fabulous, rugged off-road action. Rock Crawler Extreme is a foot and a half long and comes with both front and rear suspension with a lightweight yet rugged civic-formed body.
Most Important Features of Maisto R/C Rock Crawler
- The front and rear articulated suspension are ideal for rough off-road action.
- There are three powerful motors, two for driving and one for steering.
- Tri-channel transmitter lets three people play at the same time with their other Maisto radio control vehicles.
- The body is tough and durable.
- It is easy to handle.
- It has traction for climbing over rough terrain.
- The wheels are soft and will not cause damage.
- The gray clips on top come off easily and present a choking hazard for very small children.
- It requires six AA and three AAA batteries.
7. Click N’ Play Remote Control Car
The Click N’ Play remote control RC car will provide your child hours of fun performing stunts and stimulating their imagination as they imagine being in the driver’s seat. Remote control vehicles can be an educational toys as well. They can provoke learning more about technology and electronics. As this is an all-weather RC car your kid will enjoy playing with this toy no matter what the weather.
Most Important Features of Click N’ Play Remote Control Car
- The ATV tires can take this RC anywhere. It has a lightweight yet strong anti-collision structure.
- It has an all-weather four-wheel drive.
- The powerful double motors can reach a maximum speed of 6.2 miles per hour.
- It has a tri-channel transmitter with a radio control frequency of 2.4 gigahertz.
- The suspension shockproof system does the job of protecting the truck.
- It’s a great climber.
- The system is shockproof.
- The tires will not skid.
- Batteries not included requires four AA batteries for the car and three AA for the remote.
- There have been issues with the remote.
8. Free to Fly Remote Control Car Boat Truck
Bet you never thought you’d see an RC car that runs on water! There are remote control cars, there are remote control boats, and then there’s this! This little amphibious gizmo can go from land to water instantly. Fun to use in the pool or the beach! On land, it can also tumble and drive on either side. It does 360 spins and can take on rough or uneven terrain. It is safely sealed and waterproofed and is safe to handle in water.
Most Important Features of Free-to-Fly Remote Control Car Boat Truck
- This is a multi-functional stunt RC car that can spin and flip.
- It has four-wheel drive.
- It has a waterproof design and can even be used on water.
- The remote control range is 197 feet.
- The powerful motor allows it to reach speeds of 16.24 MPH.
- It even comes with a 6V/400mAh LI-PO rechargeable battery for the car.
- It can reach speeds of 9 mph.
- Being able to drive on the water is a real plus.
- It is shockproof and durable.
- It has some great off-road capability due to the fins on the tires.
- It only runs for twenty minutes after two hours of charging.
9. KOOWHEEL RC Car, 2.4GHz 30MPH High-Speed Remote Control Cars
It says “Brave” side and it does chase the wind! This scaled-down SUV monster truck can rip through the secrets hidden by the dark roots. If fiercely and boldly rolls over mountains. (Or small piles of rock and mud. But your kid can pretend it’s a mountain.) Dry sand, wet mud, it’s all the same to this tough and fast little gizmo! This particular model is a bit complicated due to its high speed. Older children might prefer it.
Most Important Features of KOOWHEEL RC Car
- It has an a2.4 GHz radio control system.
- It comes with high-stability steering and throttling.
- The ergonomic remote control guarantees superb control for both beginners and professionals.
- The rubber tires are made of high-quality PVC material that has an operating radius of 164 feet.
- This RC car can reach high speeds of as much as thirty mph.
- It comes with a 7.4V 1500mA battery. It also comes with a charging cable and some tools to do adjustments.
- It’s very fast! It would be told to slow down in a school zone.
- It can be used on various different types of terrain.
- It’s easy to use.
- It is very durable.
- It needs to charge for 180 minutes to run for twenty minutes.
- KOOWHEEL RC Car, 2.4GHz 30MPH High-Speed Remote Control Cars
10. Eholder- Remote Control Stunt Car Toy
This Eholder- RC stunt toy car is great for little kids who can control it easily. Here’s something that looks like it’s right out of a sci-fi movie. And the battery is very durable, which adds to the fun. The price is also affordable and the best choice as a gift. It spins, it does flip-flops, it rotates on its side, it climbs, and it makes julienne fries. OK, kidding about that last one! But if you ever wondered what a break dancing remote control car looks like (who hasn’t?) look no further! While most RC cars are for those over the age of eight, a si-year-old may enjoy it with supervision and assistance for some of the trickier stunts.
Most Important Features of Eholder- Remote Control Car
- This Eholder- Remote Control Car can do 360-degree stunt flipping and spinning.
- It goes front back side to side, double-side tumbling when it hits an obstacle.
- And its important features are four off-road wheels that roll through all kinds of terrain.
- The firm and durable four-wheel-drive toy’s body is rugged and waterproof.
- The control distance is 197 feet. This car comes with a 4.8V“AAA”700mAh nickel-cadmium battery.
- It is made out of ABS plastic and non-toxic explosion-proof PVC materials with rubber tires.
- And it has come also with a charging cable and a screwdriver.
- It can do a variety of tricks and stunts.
- This Eholder- RC stunt toy car has strong transmitter power, so it can race without interference.
- It is easy to use, though figuring out how to do the stunts should prove a fun challenge.
- It can handle a wide variety of terrain.
- Only twenty minutes of playtime for four hours of charging.
- It contains a small ball that may prove a choking hazard.
One thing we’ve learned today is to be careful what you wish for when you see that “batteries not included” line. The built-in rechargeable batteries have the drawback of only a few minutes of playtime for hours of charging. We’ve also learned that modern RC vehicles are faster and have a longer range than ever plus can do some amazing tricks. Out of these ten, one is sure to be perfect for your amazing kid!