It’s vitally important to take good care of your skin. A healthy, glowing complexion is a big part of making a positive first impression on others. Moisturizing is necessary, but your skin might not be naturally dry. So, how can you find the best moisturizers for oily skin? We all know that regular moisturizing is a crucial element of a daily skincare regimen. If you have oily skin, however, you might hesitate to use moisturizer. You don’t want to make your skin more oily so you might shy away from moisturizing. Oily skin can be a problem when it leads to clogged pores, breakouts, and an overly shiny appearance.
From the Personal Experience
I know, because I’ve had oily skin all my life. The last thing I want to do is add to the problems that can come from excess oil. Even though I have those problems, I know that moisturizing is necessary to maintain healthy skin. That’s why I’ve put together this review of the best moisturizers for oily skin.
The 10 Best Moisturizer for Oily Skin Reviewed in 2019
According to clinical research, 40% -55% of adults between the ages of 20-40 years have continuous oily skin and acne problems. It is almost heard that oily skin should not be moisturized! Usually, this is a misconception! On oily skin, moisturizing oils can help normalize production and prevent skin problems. What do you think is the best moisturizer for oily skin? Fortunately, in this article, we will review from the 10 best moisturizers for oily skin in the markets.
1. Christina Moss Facial Moisturizer Cream- Organic & Natural Ingredients for All Skin Types
Facial moisturizing cream is essential for all types of skin: sensitive, oily, dry, severely dry. It’s designed for both men and women. Anti-aging and anti-wrinkle. Certified organic, chemical-free. Non-comedogenic does not block pores. It absorbs oil quickly into your skin. This moisturizer is made entirely from certified organic ingredients. Organic Facial Moisturizer balances the moisture in your skin, even if your skin is prone to acne break-outs. Because it’s so effective, most users only need a half-pump for long-lasting moisture. Organic Facial Moisturizer by Christina Moss Naturals is effective for all skin types, including oily skin. It nourishes and hydrates while repairing skin damage. In addition to being certified 100% natural, Organic Facial Moisturizer is developed with no animal testing and is therefore cruelty-free.
The Benefits of Christina Moss Facial Moisturizer Cream Moisturizer
- Organic Facial Moisturizer contains no toxic chemicals
- Your skin is nourished and hydrated by plant extracts and natural, essential oils
- Star anise seed is an active ingredient in Organic Facial Moisturizer
- With star anise seed, you can keep your skin clear. So, although you’re adding moisture to oily skin, it does not result in acne breakouts
- Completely organic. Contains no harmful chemicals
- Effectively controls breakouts for oily and acne-prone skin
- Long-lasting, provides hydration all-day
- Star anise seed causes a slight licorice odor that wears off quickly
- Some may find this product to be a bit pricey. But a little goes a long way
Organic Facial Moisturizer is suitable for young and mature skin. Although it is excellent for oily skin, this product also reduces the fine lines and wrinkles that appear with aging.
If you’re in tune with environmental concerns, try this product. Along with eliminating chemicals from their product, Christina Moss Naturals assures that the pump is recyclable, too.
2. Tea Tree Oil Face Cream by Era Organics
For oily and acne-prone skin. Natural and organic. Contains St. John’s Wort, pomegranate seed oil, salicylic acid, zinc, burdock root, dandelion root, and goldenseal. Recommended for rosacea, cystic acne, blackheads, and blemishes. If you have oily skin, you probably experience acne breakouts, at least occasionally. Tea tree oil is an acne remedy that has been around for centuries. Why? Because it works!
Tea Tree Oil Face Cream is recommended for treating acne blemishes, blackheads, and rosacea. It soothes the redness and irritation that come with these skin problems. Whereas many acne treatments are harsh and increase redness and irritation, Tea Tree Oil Face Cream does the opposite. It heals and soothes your skin to treat the problems that result from excess oil.
Most Important Features and Benefits of Tea Tree Oil Face Cream
- Tea Tree Oil Face Cream uses natural and organic ingredients to balance skin moisture
- Blemishes, breakouts, and redness will be minimized with this moisturizer
- Natural and organic tea tree oil provides cleansing and nourishment for your skin
- Pores are opened and cleaned with this product, resulting in clearer skin
- All-natural ingredients
- Effective for skin problems, such as acne
- Produces smoother, clearer skin
- For some, tea tree oil might have an overly drying effect
- Does not remove acne scars
Oily skin is often associated with blemishes caused by clogged pores, blackheads, and acne. Therefore, you might consider giving Tea Tree Oil Face Cream a try. It has been proven to produce a healing effect on those frustrating skin problems. You might be very pleased with the results.
3. St. Ives Facial Moisturizer for Dry Skin, Collagen Elastin
It has Contains collagen, elastin, and safflower seed oil that provide hydrating moisture. Safflower seed oil is derived from a thistle-like plant and is proven to provide healing moisture for your skin. This economical product is budget-friendly. Offered at a moderate price, St. Ives moisturizer with collagen and elastin provides long-lasting moisture to nourish your skin. Renewing Collagen and Elastin Facial Moisturizer is made with all-natural safflower seed oil. It creates a light, non-greasy feeling and does not make your skin appear shiny. Used daily, this moisturizer provides long-lasting hydration for your skin.
Important Features and Benefits of St. Ives Facial Moisturizer
- St. Ives Facial Moisturizer is paraben-free and non-comedogenic
- It won’t clog pores or cause blackheads
- This product contains collagen and elastin, along with natural safflower oil
- It provides healthy moisture without creating a shiny appearance
- Economical and budget-friendly
- Uses natural safflower seed oil
- Provides moisture without making your skin shiny
- This product is not certified 100% organic
- Some customers prefer the “old” formula rather than the “new” formula.
St. Ives Renewing Collagen & Elastin Facial Moisturizer provides a smooth, hydrating effect for your skin. If you want a solid product that gives you value for your money, try St. Ives. On the cheaper end of the scale, it nevertheless delivers nourishing moisture that will make your skin look and feel better. Oily skin benefits from the nourishing hydration of St. Ives Facial Moisturizer without appearing overly shiny.
4. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
Daily moisturizing body lotion. Contains soothing oat and rich emollients. Locks in moisture and improves the health of your skin. Although your primary concern might be to moisturize your face, you shouldn’t forget about the rest of your body, too. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion provides an excellent product at an inexpensive price. It’s non-greasy and makes your skin feel smooth and silky. Because Aveeno contains an oatmeal formula, this body lotion is especially healthy for your skin. Oatmeal has long been known to soothe and nourish the skin. It helps Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion to be particularly effective for oily skin, as it does not clog pores or create a greasy feeling.
Features and Benefits
- Aveeno features a unique oatmeal formula
- The oatmeal formula produces a naturally soothing effect
- Aveeno is non-comedogenic and fragrance-free
- It won’t clog your pores or leave an odor on your skin
- Inexpensive but highly effective
- Soothing, natural oatmeal formula
- Absorbs quickly into your skin
- Not for the face, if you have oily skin
- May not be good to use in hot weather if you are sweating.
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion is a great product for the price. Use it on your arms, legs, hands, or shoulders. It leaves your skin feeling smooth and non-itchy, even during harsh winter weather. If you have oily skin, try Aveeno for nourishing moisture that lasts all day and feels smooth, not greasy.
5. Complete Face Moisturizer Cream by Era Organics
All-natural, organic facial moisturizer cream. Made with an advanced 10-In-1, non-greasy formula for daily skin nourishment. Contains aloe vera, manuka honey, coconut oil, and cocoa butter. Suitable for all skin types, including oily, dry, and sensitive skin. This organic product is packed with nourishing ingredients to heal and soothe your skin. It is non-greasy and recommended for oily skin. Era Organics Complete Face Moisturizer Cream promotes healing and rejuvenation of skin cells. The naturally nourishing ingredients in Era Organics Complete Face Moisturizer combine to repair damaged skin cells and to promote the growth of new cells. By restoring your skin’s natural PH balance and stimulating collagen production, Complete Face Moisturizer minimizes the signs of aging, such as the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
Features and Benefits
- Contains aloe vera, manuka honey, coconut oil, and other healing ingredients
- This product reduces blemishes and irritation for oily, acne-prone skin
- Healing ingredients rejuvenate old cells and stimulate new cell growth
- Complete Face Moisturizer reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- Full of natural healing ingredients that reduce acne breakouts
- Plumps up cells for a smooth appearance
- Can be used as an eye cream, as well as on the face and body.
- Might not work well for very sensitive skin
- A bit more expensive than some other products, but worth it.
Many customers have been impressed with Era Organics Complete Face Moisturizer. Try it if you occasionally suffer from blemishes related to oily skin. Because it soothes and heals skin, this product is effective for all types of skin, including oily skin. Additionally, you will notice anti-aging effects, such as a reduced appearance of lines in your skin.
6. TruSkin Daily Facial Moisturizer by TruSkin Naturals
Anti-aging, vitamin C moisturizing cream. Reduces fine lines and wrinkles on the face, neck and décolleté. Minimizes the appearance of age spots and dark circles. Firms and evens out skin tone.
The formula for TruSkin Daily Facial Moisturizer contains vitamin C, vitamin B5, jojoba oil, tea tree oil, and antioxidants. It prevents acne breakouts and minimizes the appearance of acne scars. Additionally, this product produces a noticeable anti-aging effect.
Due to its ability to shrink pores, TruSkin Daily Facial Moisturizer reduces the occurrence of blackheads and acne breakouts. Additionally, the vitamin C in this product minimizes the appearance of sun-damaged skin, such as sunspots or age spots.
Features and Benefits
- Vitamins and natural oils combine to make a lightweight, effective moisturizer
- TruSkin reduces the size of pores and heals acne breakouts
- Tightens and hydrates skin
- TruSkin is an effective anti-aging cream that smooths fine lines and reduces wrinkles.
- Made with multiple vitamins and natural oils
- Effectively reduces blemishes caused by oily skin
- Reduces wrinkles on the face, neck, and décolleté
- Some customers prefer the “old” formula, rather than the “new” formula
- Some customers find TruSkin to be too greasy for oily skin.
If you want to promote healthy skin and prevent or minimize wrinkles, you might want to try TruSkin Daily Facial Moisturizer. The vitamins and natural oils in this product make it effective for promoting skin health, even if your skin is oily. TruSkin moisturizer reduces the effects of excess oil, such as clogged pores and breakouts.
7. Vitamin C Moisturizer for Face by Luxe Organix
Made in the USA. Organic, all-natural. Tightens skin on face and neck for an anti-aging effect. Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and dark spots caused by exposure to the sun.
This is a great moisturizer for your face and neck. It’s made with natural and organic ingredients. No harmful chemicals are used in Vitamin C Infusion Daily Moisturizer. It’s paraben-free and vegan. Additionally, Luxe Organix certifies that cruelty to animals does not occur in their research and development.
Vitamin C Moisturizer minimizes the appearance of skin damage, such as sunspots, age spots, and acne scars. It absorbs quickly into your skin to provide a smooth, light, non-greasy base under make-up.
Features and Benefits
- Made with organic vitamins and antioxidants that diminish the appearance of blemishes
- Diminishes the appearance of acne scars, sun spots, and splotchy skin
- Smooths and hydrates to firm up your skin and remove the appearance of fine lines
- Ideal for mature skin, Vitamin C moisturizer creates a smooth, even skin tone.
- Excellent for mature skin
- Natural, organic ingredients include vitamins and antioxidants
- Recommended for sensitive skin.
- The cream is a bit thick
- Better for dry, normal, sensitive, mature skin, rather than young, oily skin
If you are a teenager or young adult with oily skin, this might not be the best moisturizer for you. Many adults, however, retain oily skin even as they mature and begin to see fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin C moisturizer from Luxe Organix is perfect for those who have mature skin that is oily in some places but also beginning to show signs of aging. Another advantage of this product is its ability to minimize the appearance of sunspots and acne scars. You will enjoy the smooth, non-greasy feeling of Luxe Organix Vitamin C Moisturizer.
8. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Water Face Gel Moisturizer
Water gel with hyaluronic acid. Hydrates facial skin. 100% alcohol-free. Daily use results in smooth, supple skin. Neutrogena Water Gel Moisturizer is different from other moisturizers because it’s not a cream or a lotion. Instead, it is a hydrating water-gel. It dries quickly to wear under make-up and provides the moisturizing effects of the cream. Additionally, Neutrogena Water Gel Moisturizer is economical, in the lower price range. This product is oil-free and non-comedogenic. Consequently, it will not clog pores to cause blackheads and acne breakouts. You can safely use Neutrogena Water Gel Moisturizer without fear that it will cause the skin problems typically associated with oily skin.
Features and Benefits
- Made with hyaluronic acid that provides exceptional hydration for your skin
- Provides as much moisturizing power as a cream
- Non-comedogenic, fragrance-free, oil-free, dye-free
- Does not clog your pores, recommended by dermatologists for sensitive and oily skin
- Hydrating, water-gel, rather than a cream
- Great for oily and sensitive skin
- Provides a smooth, hydrated foundation under make-up
- Might not provide enough moisture during harsh, dry, winter weather
- Some customers find this product to be too watery
You might have tried moisturizing creams and found them to be too heavy or greasy on your oily skin. If you’ve had this experience, try Neutrogena Water Face Gel Moisturizer. Because it is oil-free, you won’t experience that greasy feeling. This is definitely a good product for someone with oily skin.
9. Moisturizing Skin Cream by Vanicream
This moisturizing skin cream for sensitive skin. Recommended by dermatologists for the treatment of eczema, psoriasis, ichthyosis, and itch. Preservative-free and does not contain dyes or fragrances.
Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream is recommended not only for your face but also for your hands and body. It is fragrance-free and contains no dyes, lanolin, parabens, or formaldehyde. Additionally, this product is quite economical, well within the budget for most customers. Moisturizing Skin Cream by Vanicream is recommended for all skin types. Additionally, Vanicream skin cream is non-comedogenic, which means that it will not clog your pores and cause blackheads or acne breakouts. It provides a healing effect on skin irritations.
Features and Benefits
- Tested by dermatologists and accepted by the national eczema association
- Vanicream skin cream is safe to use, containing no harmful ingredients
- Non-greasy and long-lasting
- This product is effective for users with oily skin and will not cause breakouts.
- Fragrance-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, contains no dyes or phosphate
- Moisturizes oily skin without clogging pores
- Non-greasy dries quickly and provides moisture all-day
- Some customers find it to be sticky, but just a little bit goes a long way
- Might not be moisturizing enough for combination dry/oily skin
Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream is a bargain as it sells for an inexpensive price. It has been recommended by dermatologists to treat rosacea and eczema. Additionally, it is non-greasy to avoid clogged pores and blackheads. If you have oily skin, you might want to try Vanicream skin cream. This product is safe for anyone who has oily skin that is prone to acne.
10. Retinol Moisturizer Cream for Face by Radha Beauty
Moisturizing cream for day and night use. Contains retinol, hyaluronic acid, vitamin E and green tea. Does not contain parabens, dyes, or fragrances. Reduces wrinkles and acne blemishes.
Retinol is well-known as an ingredient for treating acne as well as for minimizing fine lines and wrinkles. Additionally, Retinol Moisturizer Cream contains hyaluronic acid to plump skin, tea tree oil to eliminate acne breakouts, and vitamin E to smooth out signs of aging. Safe for all skin types, Retinol Moisturizer Cream for Face is fragrance-free, paraben-free, and dye-free. It brightens your skin tone and minimizes the appearance of lines, wrinkles, and acne blemishes.
Features and Benefits
- Contains retinol, tea tree oil, vitamin E, and hyaluronic acid
- Fights acne while also reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Free of dyes, parabens, and fragrances
- Safe and effective for all skin types, including oily skin
- Does not clog pores or cause blackheads
- Good for both young and mature users with oily skin
- Reduces redness as well as the size of pores
- Some customers do not like the pump container and packaging that the cream comes in
- Might not be a good product for sensitive skin
Many people have oily skin but also need to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles. If you experience both of these problems, then you might want to try Retinol Moisturizer Cream. It satisfies the need to hydrate while also treating the cause of acne breakouts. Additionally, Retinol Moisturizer Cream sells for an inexpensive price. With its many excellent features, Retinol Moisturizer Cream is a great, budget-friendly value.
Who Should Use These Products?
Anyone with oily skin might want to try any of the 10 products reviewed here. Some might work better for younger users.
However, and some might work better for mature users. Teenagers and Young Adults Organic Facial Moisturizer by Christina Moss Naturals. Tea Tree Oil Face Cream by Era Organics Complete Face Moisturizer Cream by Era Organics Neutrogena, Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Water Face Gel Moisturizing Skin Cream by Vanicream.
Below 40 and Mature Adults Renewing Collagen & Elastin Facial Moisturizer by St. IvesAveeno Daily Moisturizing Body LotionTruSkin Daily Facial Moisturizer by TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Infusion Nourishing Daily Moisturizer by Luxe Organix Retinol Moisturizer Cream for Face by Radha Beauty
What to Look for in Moisturizers for Oily Skin?
- What are the active ingredients in the moisturizer?
- Do you want an organic product that contains no chemicals?
- What are the effects produced by the product’s ingredients?
- Do you need a product that reduces fine lines and wrinkles?
- Do you need a product that reduces acne breakouts?
- Are you looking for a moisturizer for your face, only?
- Are you looking for a moisturizer for hands and body, as well as your face?
- What is your budget? All of the moisturizers in this review are budget-friendly, but some are more inexpensive than others.
10 Best Moisturizers for Oily Skin in 2019; That Won’t Make Your Oily Skin Look Even Oilier
If you have oily skin, you may resist using a daily moisturizer for fear of adding even more unwanted shine to your face. When your face is overproducing its natural oils, you might think twice before piling on even more hydration, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t moisturize at all. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, the best time to apply moisturizer is when your skin is damp, as this can help lock in the hydration from your moisturizer. So, use a moisturizer before cleaning and drying your skin. “While you may want to rid your skin of all oil, it is important to preserve some of your skin’s natural oils and skin barrier,” says CareMount Medical dermatologist Melanie A. Warycha. You should still use a daily moisturizer and sunscreen.”
The world of science and the world of health & beauty have come together in major ways to create wonderful products for nourishing and hydrating your skin. Even if your skin is oily, you’ll find moisturizers in this review that will noticeably improve your skin in a short time. You don’t need to forego healthy skin hydration just because you have oily skin. Try one or several of these 10 best moisturizers for oily skin. You might be amazed by the excellent results
What are the best moisturizers for oily skin?
Check out the right moisturizing lotion for oily and save from unwanted shine face. Here is a list of 10 best moisturizers for oily skin, According to Dermatologists
- Christina Moss Facial Moisturizer Cream
- Tea Tree Oil Face Cream by Era Organics
- St. Ives Facial Moisturizer for Dry Skin, Collagen Elastin
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
- Complete Face Moisturizer Cream by Era Organics
- TruSkin Daily Facial Moisturizer by TruSkin Naturals
- Vitamin C Moisturizer for Face by Luxe Organix
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Water Face Gel Moisturizer
- Moisturizing Skin Cream by Vanicream
- Retinol Moisturizer Cream for Face by Radha Beauty