With digital tools making it easy for information to fly around, there are tons of information about the best hair dryer for fine hair 2021. Sadly, most of this information could be incorrect or not well detailed. As a result, we have compiled an effective list of the best blow dryers for fine hair just for you.
During our research, we found out that not every hairdryer that reads “for all hair types” is actually good for your fragile, fine hair. Moreover, many of these “for all hair types” hairdryers tend to radiate intense heat that could damage your hair.
Nevertheless, keep reading to discover the best hair dryer for your fine and thin, fine, and fine-textured hair.
The 10 Best Hair Dryer & Blow Dryer For Fine Hair With Price Comparison
Here we’ve rounded up some of our editor’s favorite hairdryer & blow dryer for fine hair with a price comparison table, like- BaByliss, Xtreme, Remington, John Frieda, INFINITI PRO by CONAIR, and CHI Ceramic Hair Dryer for little frizzy, prevent heat damage and dry faster.
The Best Brand of curling wands
The Most Important Features
View On Amazon
|2. Remington D3190 Damage Protection Hair Dryer
View On Amazon
|3. John Frieda Frizz Ease Full Volume Hair Dryer
View On Amazon
|4. INFINITI PRO BY CONAIR 1875 Watt Salon Performance AC Motor Styling Tool/ Hairdryer
View On Amazon
|5. CHI Ceramic Hair Dryer
View On Amazon
|6. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Hair Dryer
View On Amazon
|7. Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
View On Amazon
|8. HOT TOOLS Signature Series Ionic 2200 Turbo Ceramic Salon Hair Dryer
View On Amazon
|9. Elchim 3900 Healthy Ionic Hair Dryer
View On Amazon
|10. Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Fast Drying Lightweight Hair Dryer
View On Amazon
What is the best hair dryer for fine hair?
There are so many hair dryers that fit the description of the best hair dryer for fine hair. But, we would urge you to select the John Frieda Frizz Ease Full Volume Hair Dryer.
The 1875 watts make It ideal for fine hair. Also, it makes it easy to add volume to fine hair. Then, there is the infrared heat that ensures that’s your fine hair doesn’t get damaged.
What is the best hair dryer for fine thin hair?
The Elchim 3900 Healthy Ionic Hair Dryer, all the way from Italy, is our best hair dryer for fine-thin hair. If you have fine-thin hair, it can be a struggle trying to find the appropriate hairdryer for your hair because it is fragile and prone to damage.
But this hair dryer from Italy takes away all the struggle. Here’s why it is our best hair dryer for fine-thin hair. First, it has infrared heat. The infrared heat means protection from heat damage.
Then, as an anti-static hairdryer, it nourishes your fine, thin hair. The effect? It takes on that smooth, shiny, well hydrated, and healthy-looking appearance.
How to add volume to fine hair?
There are a million ways to add volume to your fine hair. Keep reading to find out how to add volume to fine hair. First, you could reduce the length of your hair. Experts agree that shorter length gives the impression that your hair has volume. Besides, there are tons of fine thin short hairstyles for over 50 fine hair.
Another way to add volume is to blow dryer your hair from below with the best blow dryer for fine hair.
If you do not want to reduce your hair length and try out the different fine thin short hairstyles for over 50 fine hair, you can add volume to your hair using hair color. The chances are that the hairstylists would apply hair color to your hair in a way that makes it look like it has a lot of volumes.
Although there are a lot more tips on how to add volume to your fine hair, you can try these three tips for a start.
What is the best small hair dryer for fine hair?
The CHI Ceramic Hair Dryer gets the award for the best hair dryer for fine hair but for the small size hairdryer category. It is lightweight and produces even heat distribution. Furthermore, it has healing properties, and it is all thanks to the ceramics material.
What is the best hair dryer for fine curly hair?
The Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is perfect for all hair types. Most especially, it is the best hair dryer for fine thin hair and fine curly hair.
Not only does it use advanced technology that ensures that the body does not heat up, but it also is ultra-fast in drying your hair. Moreover, it retains your natural hair shine and protects your hair from heat damage too.
What kind of blow dryer works best for thin fine hair that turns off when you lay down?
Blow dryers that turn off when you lay down are called motion hair dryers. As a result of the motion zone technology that they use, they go off once you lay them down and come on when you pick them up. This technology aids styling efficiency. The best blow dryer for fine hair with motion zone technology is the Neuro Motion Hair Dryer.
What is the best Babyliss hair dryer for fine hair?
The best Babyliss hair dryer for fine hair is the BaBylissPRO Ceramix Xtreme Dryer. With its infrared heat, your hair is protected from heat damage.
So, you do not have to be scared or worried that it has 2000watts of power. It dries your hair faster but doesn’t strip it of its natural shine.
What is the best kind of hair dryer for damaged fine hair?
The Remington D3190 Damage Protection Hair Dryer was designed to protect fine, damaged hair from further damage. Forged with micro conditioners, you are guaranteed 3X protection from heat and further damage to your hair. The second place of what this dryer can do is that it adds volume to it.
Which type of hairdryer is best for fine-textured gray hair?
The CHI Ceramic Hair Dryer is great for all hair types with multiple temperatures and speed settings. As a result, you can customize it to suit your fine-textured hair needs. Furthermore, it helps get rid of static hair.
Buying Guide on Best Hair Dryer for Fine Hair
Before opting for a hairdryer, you should check if its features fulfill your needs. Most importantly, look out for its material.
Remember when we said fine hair is a tad bit fragile? As a result, you do not need high heat. In the same way, you do not need hairdryers with sophisticated material.
Consequently, the best hair dryer for fine hair is the hairdryer that’s made with either both ceramics and tourmaline or just ceramics. These materials facilitate even heat distribution, which is good for fine hair.
Also, ensure it has the cool shot button. For fine hair, the cool shot button works wonders in reducing frizz through the use of cold air.
When your hair is about 80% dry with heat, activate the cool shot button to ensure your style lasts longer, and the cold air reduces frizz.
Is an Ionic or ceramic hair dryer better for fine hair?
Both ceramic and ionic hair dryers have their pros and cons. For instance, ionic dryers emit a lot of negative ions. Guess what; negative ions are like the magic of hair dryers. Amongst its benefits, the negative ions reduce frizz. But a downside to this is that it can easily damage fine hair.
While ceramic hair dryers are expensive, however, they are perfect for even heat distribution and also emit heat.
Sadly, your best bet for enough negative ions for your hair to dry is the ionic hairdryer.
Finally, now though, you can enjoy both ceramic and ionic technology in combination dryers that combine both open.
Factors to consider before purchasing a hairdryer for fine hair
- Technology: Not all technology is great for fine hair. If you want more volume and frizz-free hair, celebrity hairstylist Andrew Frizsimons advises that it’s best to opt for a non-ionic hair dryer for fine hair. They will reduce frizz while preventing possible hair damage
- Wattage: Fine hair is fragile. Hence, you do not need excess heat. So, go for hairdryers with lesser heat. For instance, a 1300w or 1875w hairdryer is the best blow dryer for fine hair
- Go for variable temperature: If you can’t get a hairdryer with precise settings, go for dryers with variable settings. Note: do not use high heat on your fine tresses. It would damage your hair
- Weight: You certainly do not want to get a hairdryer that has too much weight. You won’t find it easy to use. So, when you are shopping for hairdryers, all you need is the best lightweight hair dryer for fine hair to make magic happen with your hair.
What Material Is the Best for Hair Dryers for Fine Hair?
Ceramic material is the best hair dryer for fine hair. The reason is that ceramic ensures even heat distribution. Fine hair does not need extreme heat. As a result, even heat distribution is ideal for fine hair. It ensures that the heat level on a section of the hair is not too much.
Otherwise, it could damage the hair. It does not dry out the hair, and it has a fast drying time. Besides, even though it dries fine hair faster, the ceramic material prevents it from damaging fine hair.
Ceramic is also great for thin hair, especially those with fine, thin hair. It adds volume to the hair. With less heat, it gives your hair that bounces your desire. It also does wonder when it comes to styling your hair with ease.
Also, unlike ionic hair dryers, ceramic dryers emit positive ions. These positive irons are good for fine hair. It contributes to the overall styling of fine hair.
Review Of Hair Dryer That’s Best For Fine Hair And Fine Thin Hair
In this review, we’re committed to making sure to choose the high-quality hair dryers for fine hair, fine thin hair on your expected budget. So what, we’ve presented the top 10 best hair dryers for fine hair according to the hairstylist. Definitely, you will be impressed by how nice it is on fine hair. Please take moment to see this ultimate buying guide, where you’ll find the best one on your expected budgets. We make sure our select hairdryers & blow dryer that has high quality and promises to help you achieve the salon-quality result at home.
1. BaBylissPRO Ceramix Xtreme Dryer
We all know how fragile fine hair can be. As a result, you need a hairdryer that oozes just enough heat to dry and style. Also, this heat has to be evenly distributed and friendly.
Luckily, that is the core of this hairdryer. With 2000 watts of power and far-infrared heat, it protects your hair from damage while you dry.
- Ultra-lightweight to ensure easy carriage.
- The cold shot button helps with air styling.
- Built with ceramic technology to ensure gentle heat and even heat distribution.
- Far infrared heat to protect hair from breakage and frizz.
- Eliminate fizz from your fine hair, thanks to the far-infrared heat.
- Its compact size makes it a worthy travel buddy.
- Even though it has 2000 watts of power, with the help of ceramic technology, and infrared heat, it can’t damage the fine hair.
- It has a hanging ring that makes it easy for you to store it.
- Even though it is compact, it has no universal voltage
- You can only achieve a limited number of styles with it because it has no diffuser attachment.
Want to get professional salon results and high wattage from a hairdryer without fear of damaging your fine hair? Check out this product from Babyliss pro.
2. Remington D3190 Damage Protection Hair Dryer
This hair dryer from Remington is one of the best hair dryers for volume. Thanks to the diffuser and concentrator attachments, you can easily add volume to your thin hair.
Furthermore, you will give your hair a treat with this dryer because it offers 3X more hair protection from damage. This 3X protection from damage is all thanks to the micro conditioners that it was forged with.
- The technology here is a bend of ceramic, ionic, and tourmaline technology for safe, fast, and healthy hair drying and styling.
- Advanced coated technology and micro conditioners for added protection from damage.
- You can easily remove the air filter to simplify the cleaning process of the dryer.
- Switch between straight and curly/ wavy hairstyles with the diffuser and concentrator attachments.
- Extra protection from damage.
- The ceramic, ionic, and tourmaline blend makes it easy for you to dry your hair without dealing with frizz.
- The micro conditioners help your hair is (and stays) healthy.
- Add volume to your thin hair with ease.
- The cord length is short, which might limit your freedom while using it.
- It won’t give your hair the professional touch/ look you might want.
Want healthy, frizz-free, damage-free thin hair? Hop on this Remington hair dryer model train.
3. John Frieda Frizz Ease Full Volume Hair Dryer
Looking for a more comfortable and better way to get rid of frizz once and for all, then this is for you. It has the superpower to control frizz in your hair up to 3 times. It also makes your hair shine two times more than a regular hairdryer.
As a result, it is one of the top-rated hair dryers for fine hair. Simply reach out to it to get those frizz out of your hair. If you don’t know how to add volume to fine hair, owning this dryer is a great first step. The reason is simple. Consider it the best hair dryer for volume.
- Titanium and Ceramic materials to boost the drying time.
- The wattage is 1875, which limits heat damage for fine hair.
- Advanced ionic generator to eliminate frizz and add to hair shine.
- It is lightweight and can be traveled with.
- It can help you add volume to your thin hair.
- Reduces hair frizz, which is a concept the John Freida brand is built on.
- Gets rid of split ends.
- The concentrator attachments are great for enhancing your curls.
- You can hit the control buttons by mistake while using it as they are not in a really good spot.
- It is not very hot, so the drying time might be longer than expected.
Tired of that frizz getting in the way of having stunning and voluminous hair? This hair dryer has the secret ingredient you need. Check it out now.
4. INFINITI PRO BY CONAIR 1875 Watt Salon Performance AC Motor Styling Tool/ Hairdryer
Nothing shouts classy than hair that has just gone through the hands of a professional stylist. If you don’t have the luxury to hire a professional stylist, here’s a professional stylist for you.
As one of the best professional hair dryers for fine hair, you can add the salon touch to your hair every time you use it.
Equally important is the AC motor this dryer was designed with. It ensures that your hair dries in a split second of time. Also, you won’t have singed hair, and it’s all thanks to the AC motor.
- The ceramic technology ensures your hair dries gently and quickly.
- Cold shot button to finalize and keep your style in place.
- The ionic technology reduces frizz by up to 75%.
- Ceramic technology for even heat.
- The heat is gentle against your hair and scalp.
- Motor life lasts long.
- It has a lightweight design.
- Removable filter to clean easily.
- It is a bit noisy.
- The cord is short.
Thinking of getting salon results from the comforts of your home? This hair dryer has fantastic features that will fulfill your needs. Get it now.
5. CHI Ceramic Hair Dryer
Certain hair dryers have the ability to emit fast airflow that does not damage your hair. For instance, the Chi Ceramic hair dryer with tourmaline and ceramic technology ensures that the heat it delivers does not damage your hair.
So, although it releases a lot of negative ions, the far-infrared technology balances the heat level. You will be able to effortlessly style your hair with this hair dryer as it could be the best hair dryer for fine hair 2020.
- The ergonomic design makes it easy to handle.
- You can store this dryer conveniently with the hanging loop.
- Far infrared heat technology to prevent your scalp from burnt.
- Lightweight enough to hold and use for more extended periods.
- It works for all hair types, especially fine, textured hair
- Perfect for eliminating frizz.
- It has quite a few temperature and speed settings that you can choose from.
- You can easily carry it anywhere with you.
- You have to hold down the cold shot button to use the cold shot function.
- Using the dry-on-high heat settings is really loud.
Get the power of gentle and fast hair drying time in this hairdryer. Find out the other tricks this hair dryer has by grabbing yours now.
6. BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Hair Dryer
If you are big on heavy-duty hair dryers for your fine hair, then this might be the friend you’ve been looking for. First, it operates with 2000watts of power.
You might think that it is too much for your thin hair. But, with 6 heat settings, it might just be the best hair dryer for thin hair.
Equally important is the patented technology that emits negative ions to deal with frizz. Consequently, it has its own ionic generator that generates negative ions for a gentle and fast hair drying process.
- Integrated ionic technology for faster hair drying, which is the highlight of this dryer.
- Six settings include both heat settings and speed settings.
- Cool shot button for styling
- The filter can be removed for thorough cleaning of the dryer.
- Get your hair incredibly soft and shiny with the cold temperature.
- Speedy drying time
- It is lightweight, which ensures that you can easily handle it.
- Manages your frizz effectively.
- It is more suitable for those with thick hair.
- Heavy back end.
Running late for work, but you need to dry and style your hair? The Babyliss Pro will give you the perfect style in a split second. Get yours now!
7. Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
So what? Is the Dyson supersonic hair dryer the real deal or just fluff? Let’s take a quick look. With a compact motor, the highlight of this hair dryer from Dyson is most likely the compact motor that it has.
It is compact because it gets rid of the “hair strand got sucked into the fan” drama that you might go through when drying your hair.
Furthermore, this hair dryer gets you professionally styled-looking hair in nothing close to 19 minutes. If you ask me, I would say that It falls into the “best professional hair dryer for fine hair” category. Because it truly leaves your hair looking like a professional styled it.
- It has 4 temperature settings and three-speed settings for quite a few hairstyling options.
- It is also lightweight for ease of carriage.
- The motor is on the handle, not on the head, eliminating the “Fan sucking hair strands” problem.
- The heat shield technology ensures that the body does not get hot while using it.
- It is easy to use
- Do not make use of extreme heat that could damage your hair.
- Quickly set your hair with the cold shot button.
- While you won’t enjoy a noiseless experience, it is quieter than other hair dryers.
- The magnetic attachment might fall off, so you should handle it with care.
- The power cord takes up a lot of space.
Grab your Dyson hairdryer if you want to stop hurrying off to the salon for professional hairstyling.
8. HOT TOOLS Signature Series Ionic 2200 Turbo Ceramic Salon Hair Dryer
Say hello to your newest friend or employee, hairstylist. With six heat settings and speed settings to style your hair, this hairdryer will deliver salon performance styling quality in the comfort of your zone.
The direction technology gives you amazing salon blowouts and frizz-free hair. Also, it comes with attachments that add to your styling too.
When it comes to getting salon blowouts, think of this hairdryer as the best hair dryer for fine hair 2020. You seriously want to lay your hands on this dryer, especially if you want to reduce your frequent visits to the salon.
- Direct ion technology to reduce frizz and give you the perfect blowout you’ve ever seen.
- With 1875 watts of power, the airflow is just perfect for thin hair
- It has 6 heat options and speed settings for flexible styling.
- Far-infrared heat to protect your scalp from burning.
- Gives you salon blowouts in the comforts of your home
- You have flexible styling options with the 6 heat settings and speed settings.
- Rather than dry out your hair, this hot tools hairdryer leaves it shiny.
- Turbo drying makes your hair dry up to 40% faster than regular dryers in its category.
- The cord is short
- If you are clumsy, you might not be a fan of the button placement as you could bump into it every now and then while using it.
Say goodbye to terrible blowouts and hello to your days of having perfect blowouts. Want to know the secret to no bad hair day? Get your hot tools hairdryer now!
9. Elchim 3900 Healthy Ionic Hair Dryer
If you love Italy, then you should love this hairdryer. It is further proof of the fact that Italy has a lot more to offer than just food and great tourist attractions.
First, the major highlight of this dryer is drying time. It is swift. Second, the results after your damp hair dries are priceless and incredible. It becomes shiny, silky with zero frizz.
Also, my personal favorite is the fact that even though it doesn’t get too hot, it is considerably hot to dry and style fine and thin hair.
Even though the watts are set at 2400, you can customize it to the perfect heat level for your thin hair. As a result, it can be seen as another best hair dryer for fine-thin hair.
- The heat output is not extremely hot, making it suitable for thin hair.
- This one has the basic three heat settings and two-speed settings for styling.
- It looks like it would last long, but when dropped might develop some faults.
- Ergonomic handle for easy use and handling.
- The built-in silencer makes it noiseless while in use.
- It dries your hair faster while still retaining hair shine and glow.
- At the core is a ceramic material that serves as protection against heat damage.
- The ergonomic design makes it easy to handle.
- It is not as lightweight as they want you to think.
- The cord is short, hence might not be ideal for the salon setting.
Get smooth, silky, soft, and healthy-looking hair with this hairdryer. It is everything you could ever ask for in a dryer and more. Jump on the train to unravel more of this dryer’s secrets.
10. Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Fast Drying Lightweight Hair Dryer
Weighing 1.5pounds, this is the best lightweight hair dryer for fine hair. It gets that title for quite a number of features, and not just it’s lightweight.
But for starters, it gets the tile’s best lightweight hair dryer because it was forged with ceramic tourmaline material. This material combination also contributes to its fast drying time.
The infrared heat ensures that no heat damage is done to your hair and scalp, especially since there is ionic technology in the mix.
With the blend of tourmaline, infrared heat, and ion technology, your hair would go from dull to shiny and sleek with gentle airflow but quick drying time. That is what this lightweight dryer is basically about.
- High torque DC motor for fast drying.
- Tourmaline material to prevent heat damage.
- Hinged filter for cleaning ease.
- Basic 3 heat settings and 2-speed settings for styling.
- Fast and quick hair drying time
- Gets you the perfect bouncy waves and smooth styles.
- Simply unhinge the filter to get rid of dust and oil build-up.
- Ceramic material ensures that the heat is evenly distributed.
- You might encounter issues with the attachment snapping off once the dryer gets hot.
- Again, it has a short cord problem.
Achieving smooth or curly styles on fine hair is blissful when it is done with the right hairdryer. That includes not having to deal with aches while blow-drying. If you are looking for the best lightweight hair dryer for thin hair, then here’s our pick for you.
The Market is overflowing with an endless supply of hair dryers for all hair types. But, you would most likely be disappointed if you just choose anyone off the market.
As a result, we want to help you save money and only spend on the most effective tool for you and your hair health.
That is why we came up with this review. So, if you want the best, shop any of our top-rated hair dryers for fine hair. They are worth every penny, and you would have no regrets at all.