If your skin is oily and excess shiny rather than a normal shiny, it is important to find the best foundation for oily skin that controls excess oil that will help keep your makeup on for longer. Because when applying a normal foundation to oily skin it may look fantastic at first, but within a few hours everything disappears. The problem is, if your skin is oil-prone, it will often happen. The only solution is an oil-free, non-comedogenic, mattifying, and lasting foundation that helps to keep the nicks light and your skin looking good all day long. Although choosing the best foundation for oily skin can be complicated, it is not always easy. But not completely impossible! Well, we are committed to simplifying matters by bringing in a very good foundation edit in our Beauty Expert opinion.
Oh, yes, you can safely apply NYX cosmetics for oily skin with the Melbourne in Fit Me Foundation, because these are the best foundation.
Professional Makeup Expert Recommended- 25 Best Foundations for oily skin Reviewed in 2020
Table of Contents
- 1 Professional Makeup Expert Recommended- 25 Best Foundations for oily skin Reviewed in 2020
- 1.1 1. Avashine Color Changing Foundation, All-Day Flawless Foundation Makeup
- 1.2 The Important Features of Avashine Color Changing Foundation
- 1.3 Pors
- 1.4 Cons
- 1.5 View On Amazon
- 1.6 2. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation
- 1.7 View On Amazon
- 1.8 3. Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
- 1.9 View On Amazon
- 1.10 4. L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Longwear Foundation Makeup
- 1.11 Pors
- 1.12 Cons
- 1.13 View On Amazon
- 1.14 5. Ownest Mushroom Head Air Cushion BB Cream Pigment CC Liquid Foundation
- 1.15 Pros
- 1.16 Cons
- 1.17 View On Amazon
- 1.18 How to use this foundation
- 1.19 6. Covergirl Outlast All-Day Ultimate Finish Foundation
- 1.20 Key Features in this Foundation
- 1.21 Pors
- 1.22 Cons
- 1.23 View On Amazon
- 1.24 6. Best crowd-pleaser
- 1.25 7. Best high-street hero
- 1.26 8. Best for very full coverage
- 1.27 9. Best for a slight glow
- 1.28 10. Best for skin-perking
- 1.29 10. Best affordable buy
- 1.30 11. Best for on-the-go
- 1.31 12. Best for long-lasting
- 1.32 13. Fenty Beauty Pro Filter Soft Matte Long Wear Foundation
- 1.33 14. Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup
- 1.34 15. Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation
- 1.35 16. Urban Decay Stay Naked Foundation
- 1.36 17. Born To Glow! Naturally Radiant Foundation
- 1.37 18. Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Foundation SPF30
- 1.38 19. Forever Skin Glow Foundation SPF35
- 1.39 20. Sleek Life Proof Foundation
- 1.40 21. MAC Face & Body Foundation
- 1.41 22. Best foundation: Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish
- 1.42 23. Better CC Cream
- 1.43 24. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
- 1.44 25. Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation
There are more than a million foundations on the market, which can confuse you that, what is perfect for oily skin? Don’t worry! We are presenting Professional Makeup Expert Recommended 25 best foundation for oily skin to keep you shine-free all day. Which helps to absorb excess oil and tinted to either match your skin or to be translucent. In this review, we will tell you about the 25 best foundations for oily skin that are recommended by some of the professional makeup artists. “New York makeup artist Ms. Schulhof, said that” the best foundations for oily skin that expressly helps to reduce the shine for photography. But I just do not wear it due to the picture. I wear it only for long-lasting makeup”. However, here’s we shall let you in on the best ones that are budget-friendly. That’s will help you to set the makeup properly.
1. Avashine Color Changing Foundation, All-Day Flawless Foundation Makeup
Yes, technically this Avashine is a Color Changing Foundation cream, but the amount of coverage means it works as a medium coverage foundation. This Avashine Color Changing Foundation makeup blends easily to match your skin tone and give you a beautiful smooth sheen. This is the perfect foundation cream that is perfect for the oily skin tone. Avashine Color Changing Foundation really does change to match your skin tone and feels so soft and silky that’s why you don’t need to worry about that anymore.
The Important Features of Avashine Color Changing Foundation
- It has no fragrance that is annoyed
- This is safe for sensitive with all types of skin tone
- It’s waterproof and Anti-sweat
- Avashine Color Changing Foundation instantly self-adjusts to match your oily skin tone
- It has contained SPF 15 that is sun protection to shield your skin from harmful UVA and UVB Rays
- This is absolutely amazing matches with the oily skin tone
- It’s really easy to wear alone and it really does adjust to the color of your complexion
- Avashine Foundation is lightweight and it gives full coverage
This Color-Changing Foundation not only perfect for the oily skin but also work for all skin, to keep flawless and lasts all-day
2. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation
This is one of the most natural-looking foundations that are very light to wear and long-lasting. This is affordable and has great coverage. It is also very gentle on the skin, it doesn’t irritate pores and acne. This is amazingly lightweight, which has medium coverage. This is great for oily skin and it has low transfer. It also works great for combination skin oily to dry. You can set it with any setting powder to gets a photo finish with flash flawless! If you apply it with the moisturizer & primer then it will give an amazing appearance of full coverage.
3. Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Fenty’s Global Makeup Artist Hector Espinal said it best: “Pro Filt’r is soft for oily skin.” The medium to full coverage foundation will keep it’s satin-matte finish no matter what your day throws at it. Oil-free, but won’t clog your pores and best of all – it’s comfortable.
4. L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Longwear Foundation Makeup
This is a wonderful medium matte finish Foundation for oily skin, it helps to keep makeup long-lasting. It blends well smoothly without being cakey, which really brings a beautiful change into the face complexion. If you want to full coverage makeup then this L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid Longwear Foundation is the best foundation for your oily skin. It helps to hides blemishes and dark spots properly. This foundation is not only as better than other foundations those are high ended products at beauty counters. That’s why most of the makeup artists actually recommend this foundation for oily skin.
- This is the absolute super lightweight foundation for oily skin that blends so well and has a perfect shade
- It is very easy to apply by own and it has a great texture, that perfectly matches with oily skin and cool skin tone
- The L’Oréal Paris foundation is lightweight and it gives HD finish
- It gives full covers fully without having to use large amounts or looking cakey
- If you have prone face then it helps to hide all blemishes
- This foundation oxidizes slightly as it dries otherwise everything is perfect
This Infallible Pro-Matte Liquid foundation absolutely performs very well and this is one of the best foundations on the market to stay makeup all day long. It helps to mattify your skin for lasting throughout the day even after using a hydrating primer and controls shine.
5. Ownest Mushroom Head Air Cushion BB Cream Pigment CC Liquid Foundation
This BB cream foundation absolutely skin-friendly vivid, soft, smooth. It helps to full cover flaws and creates a clearer complexion, that suitable for all skin types and skin tones. It has a natural plant formula that considers a variety of natural skincare ingredients, such as Centella Asiatica extract. It also nourishes the skin while applying your makeup. It normally hiding all the skin defects and creates a natural moisturizing makeup and matte finish beautiful look. This foundation is absolutely amazing and it has more coverage without getting a cakey look.
- This Ownest Mushroom Head Air CC Liquid Foundation is buildable, and it’s easy to apply by own
- This foundation is lightweight and it has more coverage
- It has longlisting coverage for all-day
- It helps to moisturize
- This is high ended beauty but affordable
- If you have super oily skin and you don’t use a setting powder, in that case, this foundation is not suitable
How to use this foundation
1st Step: After opening the cover, cut off the sealing sticker, then you can see the bionic vivid film.
2nd Step: Now you can use a small of mushroom three-dimensional puff, slowly press the proper amount of ingredient, a small amount of evenly apply on your faces.
3rd Step: The sequence of makeup, from top to bottom, always from the inside out, to create flawless watery skin.
4th Step: In the final stage, where local spittle is important, the modification can be pressed multiple times.
6. Covergirl Outlast All-Day Ultimate Finish Foundation
This Covergirl Get flawless Foundation has three-in-one coverage with Outlast All-Day Ultimate Finish Foundation. It covers and conceals like a liquid. That’s why you can set this Foundation very softly, polished as a powder. It has three different shade all in one sleek little compact. It glides on effortlessly with the included soft sponge applicator and provides coverage that lasts all day. From the several shades, you can easily choose the right color for your oily skin to get the ultimate natural look.
Key Features in this Foundation
- This liquid foundation that looks like a powder, and it can be used as a concealer in one
- It’s Oil and fragrance-free foundation
- This foundation is Dermatologically tested
- This is a Liquid to Powder Foundation so you can save your time in half with the two in one formula
- This foundation is perfect for oily skin. Also, completely this is a cheap foundation but the quality is great
- It has great coverage for blemishes, where you will feel a beautiful looks
- It can see the Poorly designed case but the quality is great
Keeks Reid, Contributing Beauty Writer: This foundation was the biggest talking point when Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty collection launched, and with its extensive shade range and lightweight formula, what’s not to love? The consistency is runny, but don’t let that deceive you, once it’s buffed in this base isn’t budging.
Finish: Ultra-matte. If you have super oily skin this is the one for you.
Coverage: Medium-to-full coverage and it’s really easy to build up layers.
Shade range: 40 shades from very light to very deep.
Lasting power: Impressive. It’s the type of foundation you could wear to work and then just blot down the T-Zone to extend the lasting power through the evening.
Final thoughts: What did I do before this foundation? It’s my new go-to on a long day.
14. Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup
Victoria Jowett, Beauty Director: If you want a perfect finish, fast, you need a foundation that offers more coverage and this is it. The formula smooths over everything from acne to redness.
Finish: A classic satin finish, not too matte, not too dewy.
Coverage: Full, but apply it with a makeup sponge and you can sheer it out a little.
Shade range: Over 60 shades. Yesssss Estée Lauder!
Lasting power: This formula stays in place for up to 12 hours, so go ahead and plow through your day without having to touch up.
Final thoughts: I wore this foundation for my sister’s wedding – when I knew I needed a base that would stick around all day (and night), luckily this one did not disappoint. It gave excellent coverage (without looking cakey), and the lasting power was second to none. No wonder this is the UK’s best-selling foundation…
15. Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation
Keeks Reid, Contributing Beauty Writer: This all-in-one foundation is an absolute steal. For its budget price, the water-based foundation gives you just enough coverage to wear daily, and it has SPF in it, so it’ll protect your skin from the sun’s harsh rays.
If you’re acne-prone this light-weight formula is the perfect option, as it doesn’t contain pore-clogging ingredients.
Finish: Smooth, mattifying and pore-blurring.
Coverage: It has Medium Coverage, but if you want a lighter finish that’s possible.
Shade range: It has varieties of color shades, that’s more than 35, which is impressive for a drugstore brand.
Lasting power: If you have a small amount of patching around the nose by the end of the day, it will stay flawless other than better.
Final thoughts: The pore-blurring finish applied easily and gave my skin a smooth finish. For under a tenner, I’m sold.
Laura Capon, Acting Beauty Editor: Forget everything you know about matte foundations because Urban Decay’s new ‘real-skin’ finish is like nothing you’ve ever tried before. Lightweight but high coverage, matte, but not flat. It defies logic.
Finish: A matte finish that looks just like skin.
Coverage: Medium to full, but there’s zero cakiness.
Shade range: 50 shades!
Lasting power: It’s waterproof and lasts up to 24 hours (so if you fancy a swim or asleep in your makeup…)
Final thoughts: If you want to trick people into thinking you’re having the best skin day of your life, buy this and thank me later.
17. Born To Glow! Naturally Radiant Foundation
Laura Capon, Acting Beauty Editor: They say you know when you’ve found the one. Sadly I still don’t have a boyfriend, but I have found the base I want to spend the foreseeable future with. Medium coverage, with an unparalleled glow that made me stop mid-application to take a selfie.
Finish: Born to Glow promises to give a “just-applied” 12-hour glow and boy does it deliver.
Lasting power: It lasts a whole working day with just a touch of powder in my oily areas (looking at your chin and forehead).
Final thoughts: Basically my dream skin in a £10 tube.
18. Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Foundation SPF30
Victoria Jowett, Beauty Director: “I don’t know how they did it, but Shiseido has managed to create a dewy foundation that’s oil-free, and I’m officially obsessed.”
Finish: Satin, with a hint of glow.
Coverage: It has Medium Coverage but it’s lightweight that pigmented enough to offer decent coverage.
Lasting power: Incredible. This stayed put from morning till 10 pm (yes, I go to bed early), without going patchy or looking dull.
Final thoughts: I’m a huge fan. The formula is one of the most versatile I’ve found, it’s lightweight without being too sheer, offers coverage without looking cakey, and gives skin a dew, without being oily.
19. Forever Skin Glow Foundation SPF35
Gabrielle Dyer, Senior Digital Beauty Writer: This gives my skin a glow like no other, it’s creamy, the dewy formula glides on and blends out beautifully. You only need a little bit to brighten the complexion and give a good dose of coverage.
Lasting power: Despite its dewy finish, this foundation actually has decent staying power. It stuck around the whole day, only slightly fading across my t-zone.
Final thoughts: It’s great to see Dior dipping a toe into the glowy foundation game – as they’ve long been known for their matte and satin formulas.
20. Sleek Life Proof Foundation
Keeks Reid, Contributing Beauty Writer: Whatever life throws your way, you will not see the effects of it while wearing this foundation. Well, that’s what I took from the name of it anyway. It’s an oil-free formula that promises to leave you shine-free.
Finish: Matte, this formula will keep you oil-free.
Coverage: Full, very full.
Shade range: 24 shades
Lasting power: Wow, this stayed pretty much perfect from 8 am till 10:30 pm. Not bad, Sleek, not bad at all.
Final thoughts: I was definitely shine-free throughout the day, which was great, but I did feel like my face looked kind of flat and I don’t know if I’m a fan of that.
21. MAC Face & Body Foundation
Victoria Jowett, Beauty Director: After face wash, if you want to wear a foundation on your skin, this is a completely flawless finish. It makes sure to set the foundation for a long-lasting.
Finish: Dewy. The skin looks fresh and hydrated.
Coverage: Lightweight. This formula has the feel of a tinted moisturizer with a slightly more dialed up coverage.
Shade range: 13. Not great, but not dismal.
Lasting power: The lighter finish means this foundation doesn’t have quite as good staying power as others, but layer it on top of a primer and set with powder to keep it intact for at least 5 hours.
Final thoughts: This will always have a top spot in my holy grail makeup bag, the finish is glowy and light, whilst still giving a decent coverage – it’s magic.
22. Best foundation: Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish
Keeks Reid, Contributing Beauty Writer: This stick is a foundation and concealer in one, making it perfect for those of us with oily skin that needs to touch up post-work or gym. Also, the formula delivers twice as much pigment as traditional foundations, giving high coverage without the cake.
Finish: Satin, with a slight dewiness.
Coverage: Full, without question. But it doesn’t feel heavy in the slightest.
Shade range: 32 shades divided up by color as well as an undertone
Lasting power: This foundation honestly lasts all day without me shining like a headlight in the night.
Final thoughts: This is a great choice if you don’t want a full-on matte look. Plus, it doubles up as a concealer, I used it on blemishes and dark areas (chin, upper lip, and under-eye) to even out my skin tone.
23. Better CC Cream
Victoria Jowett, Beauty Director: It’s not impossible to fake a fresh face when you’re prone to dry skin. If you want that glowy finish, this dewy CC cream is ideal. It goes on slightly sheer but gives you enough coverage to hide any imperfections without clingy to any flakey patches.
Finish: Glowy, dewy, fresh. Dry skin types will love this.
Coverage: Medium coverage
Shade range: 12 shades, but there aren’t many options for deeper skin tones.
Lasting power: Consider the dewy finish, I was seriously impressed, this stayed put all day long.
Final thoughts: This has fast become my go-to everyday foundation. It glides on like a dream, smoothing over dryness whilst giving my skin a healthy glow. The coverage is impressive and always leaves me looking even and perfected.
24. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
Victoria Jowett, Beauty Director: Feel like your foundation can get a bit blotchy? To avoid this issue, invest in a formula that blends flawlessly into the skin.
Finish: Satin, with a slight glow.
Coverage: Medium-to-full coverage, whilst still being light and non-cakey.
Shade range: 24 shades
Lasting power: All day long.
Final thoughts: This is the ultimate people-pleaser, a winner for most skin types, whether you’re dry or oily, the formula applies beautifully leaving skin looking perfect, but not overdone.
25. Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion Ultra-Longwear Foundation
Keeks Reid, Contributing Beauty Writer: Laura Mercier certainly wasn’t playing around when they added ‘ultra long-wear’ onto this foundation bottle, it stays put for up to 15 hours and the formula controls oil throughout the day. Ah-mazing.
Finish: Satin, perfect for oil-prone or combination skin types.
Coverage: Laura Mercier say medium to full but I’d say it’s on the fuller side of the spectrum.
Shade range: 32 shades!
Lasting power: I didn’t put the 15 hours to the test (what can I say, I’m no wild child) but my t-zone certainly wasn’t as oily as it normally is.
Final thoughts: This one is a new favorite. The formula is light despite the full coverage and sets well without looking cakey or too flat.